(55) A Talented Person under-used at an Insignificant rank to wait upon a person

'Fun' Fact: Original title was: A Talented Person under-utilized at an Insignificant Position to wait upon a person was changed due to the title being longer than 80 characters. -.-

By the time Xiao Xu returned to the mansion, half of the night had already passed.

He slowly stepped into the room Chu Qing-Yan was settled in. Air Spirit had already received the news and had rushed over, reporting the situation while standing by his side.

"Master, this servant has already cleaned out the poison in this Chu Family Miss's body. Now, there shouldn't be any problems, but this body's foundation is not so good. This time, being poisoned may have damaged the foundation more and it would need to be nursed for a period of time."

Air Spirit noticed that when he mentioned that the foundation wasn't good and might be damaged, Master's complexion didn't seem to look too good. In his heart, he secretly analyzed, it looked like Master really did care a little bit for this Chu Qing-Yan.

"For this period of time, you don't need to return to Sha Nan. Whatever drug ingredients you need, just let Bai Hu know." Xiao Xu left behind this order, then he turned on his heels and stepped into the inner room.

Whereas Air Spirit's footsteps halted and looked at his family's master with incredulity. Chu Qing-Yan could be handed over to an ordinary doctor or an imperial physician from the palace to look after. To keep him here to take care of this girl, wasn't it somewhat like under-utilizing a talented person by employing him for an insignificant position?

But when he heard the latter half of the order, he raised an eyebrow. This was Master not sparing any cost to nurse her body back to health ah!

Xi Ning, who was waiting upon Chu Qing-Yan at her side, saw the person that arrived and hurriedly lifted up the curtains for Xiao Xu. She never expected that His Highness would come at this time.

"Your Highness——" Xi Ning was just about to make her salutations but was stopped by Xiao Xu with just a glance. He waved his hand, which Xi Ning understood, so she withdrew and left.

Very quickly, the only person remaining in the room was him. Air Spirit had also gotten his order and withdrawn.

The lamp in the room was lit, but in order to show consideration for the sleeping Chu Qing-Yan, it was shifted far away. It was even dimmer than the moonlight that slipped in from the windows.

And Xiao Xu used this silvery white moonlight to observe the person on the bed.

Although the Mandara poison was already solved, her complexion was still pale. Recalling the first time he saw her, her rosy red cheeks were extremely adorable.

He sat on the bed, his gaze never leaving her body.

Even though she seemed weak, she actually had huge courage.

Normally, she was like a kitten who kept her claws hidden, until the situation became unbearable, and then she would reveal her claws to demonstrate. Just like that time when he teased her until she had nowhere to go, so in a rage, she sought him out to settle the account.

Recalling that lively face of hers at that time, the corner of Xiao Xu's mouth couldn't help but lift up.

Thinking of the scenes from when he normally teased her, his mood gradually calmed down.

The desire to pursue fame and high status, schemes of mutual deception, that shattering sound, scolding from unrestrainable anger, as well as the coldness from the depths of his memories seemed to be far away.

Xiao Xu leaned against the bedpost, looking at the peacefully sleeping person, and an indescribable gentleness rose in his heart.

Time passed very quickly, and one night had already passed.