⁂Chapter 4: Drago ⁂

-y/n's p.o.v-

My heart thumps loudly in my chest, my head throbbing viciously. Blood was trickling down my face and into my mouth. But it was too dangerous to move. If I did that would risk revealing mine and my dragons whereabouts. And leaving the island was out of the question. Surely? Or maybe not.

"I have an Idea dragon." I get on her back, her moaning slightly with displeasure. We take off, flying far away from the village now smothered in flames. Then a net comes out of nowhere, encasing me and the dragon, and I scream.

I wake up, drenched in cold sweat. No, it was just a dream. I'm in my cave, and I'm going to the Edge with Hiccup. Hiccup. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. HOW COULD I FORGET?! How on earth could I freaking forget?! He's Stoick The Vast's son! The only person who survived Drago's raid of the Chieftains! The one Toothless... I sit up sharply. Omfg! I pull back the sheets and run to the end of Hiccup's bed.

"Hiccup," I say, choking on my tears.

"W-What?"

"Y-your d-dad! H-he's..." I choke on my tears as they stream down my face, slipping into my mouth, suffocating my throat. My bottom lip quivers as I take sharp breaths.

"Come here.." He says sleepily. I slowly shift over, as if scared her could read my thoughts. The wild, crazy thoughts. I bury my head in his shoulder, and I feel my tears wet that as well.

"H-Hiccup... I-I'm so sorry! I thought I could forget b-but..." I trail off, realising what I've got myself into.

"But what?" Hiccup said suspiciously.

"I-I.." I take a deep breath. "Drago raided my village when I was a little girl. I had (d/n) but that was it. We tried to fly away, but he caught us in a net, and took us to his base, where- where..." Then it clicked. " he showed us his plans. To.. to.." I then look at Hiccup. "To kill your mother and father. Valka, and Stoick." His eyes widened. I rushed on. " we were originally sent to find you, but he realised that I was only about 12 and thought that we would be better suited to kidnapping dragons. I met a person who was almost an older brother to me but he got killed in battle. After that, I would be a killing machine to Drago, for putting him through that. Then you came round, I was on duty controlling the alpha at the moment, and Drago..." my eyes fillies with tears. " He was controlling... me." I couldn't look at him anymore. I stood up, and started picking up clothes and things I needed to pack. "He controlled me to kill your father. He knew I hated him so he made your father him. Switched them. In the state I was in, I didn't know the difference. Not did I have enough will power to bother to try and fight back. I did as he said. Made Toothless under the control of the alpha, made him attack you, knowing your father would step in. I thought it was Drago, but I knew, since then, that I had to find you." I paused with my packing. "I had to protect you. But I had no idea where to begin. I only knew you lived on Berk. So I looked, but I couldn't find you. So I came back here, and I've been here ever since." He had tears in his eyes now. But he looked at me with an expression far from anger. It was almost pity, understanding. Love... No, stop it.

"I'm sorry, for misunderstanding you. Really sorry." Then as he started to stand up, his foot dislodged a metal thing that was wedged under my bed. He pulled it out, and revealed a carved, white peg leg.

"Is this... yours?" He asked. I nodded. I walked towards him, and took it off him. I took off the boot I had roped on, to reveal nothing. No ankle, or end of leg. Just trouser. I wedge the metal leg at the end of it, tie it with rope, then stood up, so that I reached Hiccups hight. I stood back from him, then sighed.

"This Astrid, she's your girlfriend, right?"

"Yes? Why?" He answers, inquisitively.

"Never mind. It's fine." I reply.

"Oookayy then." I smile and laugh slightly. Then stop myself.

"Better start packing," I say, but packing no longer appealed to me. Hiccup, he's like me. Too like me. But that's what makes him special. But this Astrid. Her. I sigh deeply, then stare at Toothless, then Hiccup, the latters back turned. I sigh again, then continue packing.

————————————
Poor (Y/n)!

Don't forget to Comment on what I should write next!

Ender xx