Suspicions

Dan is so tall! 8 feet! 🔝😅

20 chapters and 3k reads people! I'm so happy for my first book. I never thought it would get so far. A big thanks to all of my lovely readers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Guess who has been spending too much time with Jason?" Tim asked causally as everyone gathered for dinner.

"What have you done Danny? Should I be proud?" Jason winked at his brother from the opposite side of the table. The halfa didn't have the guts to speak about the accident in front of everyone. He was afraid of Bruce's or Batman's reaction. After all, it was his first day of school and he was already looking for a detention or worse.

Danny was fidgeting in his place, nervous from all those eyes staring at him. When he collected some courage to look at Bruce, he was giving the boy a calculating stare as if he was trying to read his mind.

"Danny got into a fight." Tim explained shortly. A mix of emotions ran through the dining room. Bruce looked disappointed, Dick confused, Jason proud and Damian was above the thing.

"Did you win?" Jason asked with a smirk. Their father glared at him but with no effect.

"Well yes, but I don't want to talk about it." Danny mumbled and started fidgeting with his hands. Everyone in the room was staring at him. Was Bruce going to kick him out in the streets? Surely he wouldn't. Or would he?

"Just don't talk about it at school." The billionaire sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "And please, don't get into another fight."

"Could you excuse me? I'll be in my room." Danny excused himself and without a warning, he shot up from his seat and ran to his bedroom. He didn't want their disappointed looks, he would much rather be with his inner demon right now.

"They looked so disappointed in me." Danny told his empty room.

"Don't get too emotional. If they knew your filthy little secret, they would be disappointed even more." Was the ghost trying to make him feel better? "Not that I'm something they should be disappointed in..."

"Why did I even bother to intervene their life." Danny cried. The halfa jumped on his bed and buried his tears strained cheeks in his soft pillow.

"You didn't intervene with their lives. I fell through a window." Dan internally shrugged. The teen raised an eyebrow. Was Dan being nice? He didn't have the guts to say it out loud. He feared that those simple words would turn this conversation against him in no time.

"Stupid school, stupid teachers, stupid students, stupid tests." Danny protested into his pillow. "I should try more. I should try to make it up to Bruce." There was a long silence. "Dan, could you be please quiet during those lessons? I can't concentrate with your constant talking." The human side pressed his luck and it didn't end well.

"Try to be locked up 24/7! Then we can talk about being quiet!"

"I didn't choose you!" Danny screamed at his ceiling, being unaware of a visitor standing outside the door. The person knocked on his door and revealed Dick's messy black hair and baby blue eyes.

"I'm sorry if you wanted to see someone else." Dick said offended. His smiling face turned into his vigilante stone mask.

"I'm sorry Dick, I didn't mean you. I was just talking to myself." Danny sighed and made a space on his bed. His older brother gladly took it and fell on his back.

"It didn't sound like talking to me. More like screaming." Dick laughed silently. "The boy you punched reported it. That means that Bruce is going to talk to your principal tomorrow."