Chapter Fifty-Three | Second World

[ 53 ]

He never expected to sleep so well. Hisaya was one of those types who only truly slept when in the confines of his own bed. Which made world-hopping a little more difficult.

But perhaps it was the company that made the difference, even though, when he opened his eyes, said company was missing. Reaching a hand out of the covers, he slid his fingers across the sheet on the other side of the large bed.

Cold. But knowing how fidgety the man could get, Hisaya wasn't upset. He rolled onto his back, brushing his mop of hair back off his face, and sat up. He listened out, perhaps waiting to hear the fast-padding of feet belonging to his little bun, or even movements from the wolf.

But in all the space of the ridiculously-large apartment, there was complete silence. With a look at the bed-side clock, it quickly made sense why Asahi probably wasn't up yet. But it didn't explain why Ryōichi was- but then again, the man had always been a morning person. Which Fahren as Hisaya had always protested against.

Getting out of the warm embrace of the bed was tough, more so when he realised he was naked and had no other clothes than the ones he wore yesterday. Minus the underwear, which Ryōichi had already mentioned having washed for him. Such a gentleman, Hisaya scoffed quietly.

But after a quick scan of the room, Hisaya noted a neatly-folded pile on top of the dresser. Abandoning the covers that he was partially hiding behind to protect his modesty, he scurried over and fumbled with the fabric. But afterwards, he quickly felt gloomy.

As soon as he pulled the pants up, they pooled seconds later around his ankles. No matter how tightly he tied the string, they were just too large. He cursed a few things that he was glad Asahi wasn't around to hear, then ended up pulling his tight trousers on from yesterday, begrudgingly going commando, but kept the borrowed PJ shirt on. Which was just as ridiculously-large as the trousers were, but at least there were buttons up the front, that he used, so it didn't fall off.

When he eventually left the room, he tried to remember where everything was. But it was a little difficult seeing as Ryōichi had quite literally carried him to the bedroom last night. But as he tiptoed down the hall, he felt the odd wave of warm air lick at his bare feet. He whirled around and followed where it was coming from, and the closer he got to a door he hadn't inspected yesterday, the clearer the sound of water splashing.

He poked his head around the slightly ajar door, and felt the immediate humidity that came from the room. So he has a pool in his apartment? How extra. But he couldn't complain as his eyes followed Ryōichi's form as it glided from one end of the pool to the other. He was doing a front-crawl, and barely caused a splash as he expertly swam.

Hisaya walked in, making sure to close the door to how it was, and went to sit on the seat that the man had laid a towel on. He didn't want to bother Ryoichi, no definitely not, especially seeing as the man was a damned good sight to see in the morning. Since it was so early, and the sun was just peeping through the thick morning clouds, it shun through the glass which surrounded the area they were in. And lit up the pool, and the glorious specimen swimming in it.

When said man finally came to a stop, he was on the other end of the pool, but when he spun around after a few breathers, he paused when he finally spotted Hisaya. Slicking back his wet hair, he smiled, but in the eyes of his younger lover, it looked like some naughty grin. And he wanted to scold the man for unintentionally teasing him so early in the morning.

"Good morning." He greeted, a knowing edge to his voice. Which made it feel like two young lovers who had just spent their first night together.

"Morning, your athleticism is putting me to shame." Hisaya revealed as his eyes fixed on the man who kicked off the wall and gradually grew near and nearer, swimming idly.