Chapter 9: Fight

(Mark of the Assasin) 

Morgan's Pov

After Josh had came in to help, we just sat in the bathroom awkwardly waiting for Shelby to calm down a bit. She looked at us waiting with us for a while. I looked at Josh.

"Were you at initiation?" I asked him curiously. He looked at me with a blank stare.

"You really think that I'm going to want to go to that and listen to you scream? Not on my life." He said. He was silent for a moment. "what were you even branded with? I know your sister was branded with the mark of the murderer, but I don't know what you are." 

"I don't know. I didn't look." I shrugged. He turned to face me looking at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"May I?" He asked. He was asking to see the brand. I nodded and turned away from him. He gently grabbed my shirt and pulled it up just enough to see the brand and he sighed. "Mark of the thief." He said. 

"Is that a good thing? I mean I'm a klepto so that sounds good to me." I said. Josh looked at me. 

"It's pretty common. and I highly doubt you're a klepto." He said. I suddenly lifted my hands and I had a bullet he had in his pocket in his hand. "hey! what the hell?!" He yelled and he quickly snatched it back.

"Klepto." I shrugged and he sighed. 

"Fine. Klepto." He leaned back and closed his eyes crossing his arms and he somewhat relaxed and I looked at him for a bit until Shelby laughed.

"Morgan. He isn't leaving you don't need to stare at him like he's a piece of candy." Shelby snickered and I probably turned redder than an apple looking away. That's when Josh got up and abruptly left running into my sister who was on her way in slightly. She growled.

"what's your problem?" She asked. She glared at him and he glared right back. She was abruptly shoved against the wall making her yelp in pain and then growl. "What the hell? Let me go asshole!" She yelled. I stood up as Josh growled at her and she struggled to get free, but Josh was having none of it. 

"Listen here you little brat. I am an assassin with months of practice. you are a simple little murderer. I suggest you treat me with some respect unless you want to end up one of the murdered." He growled and he let go of her storming away and I watched shocked as my sister rubbed her arm in pain. She looked at me.

"your boyfriend sucks," she said and she stuck her tongue out at the door. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"He's not my boyfriend," I said. She looked at me with the 'really?' look. "he isn't. drop it.
 I growled. she shrugged.

"Fine. But I am not stupid." She said and she went to Shelby. "Let's get you to the infirmary." She said gently helping her up and she walked out leaving me with my thoughts. 

I went into the bathroom and I carefully took off my shirt and turned around managing to look into the mirror at the mark. It was a circle with a snake in the middle of it. Mark of the Thief. Interesting.

"so that's what it looks like. son of a gun hurts." I chuckled a bit and I put my shirt back on. That was also when I remembered the paper Agatha had shown me earlier with the same mark and I nodded finally getting it. "Shelby has this too. what have I gotten her into? Shelby is not a thief in any way shape or form." I cursed under my breathe. I heard hard knocking yet again on my door and I looked up seeing Donovan. 

"Lunchtime. Let's go. Now." He yelled in a deep tone. I nodded and followed him out to the cafeteria and I got a tray and I was about to get food when someone knocked me over to the ground and they laughed at me making the room go silent and I glared at the man. 

"Stand up Newbie. Or are you chicken?" He smirked at me. He had longer Blonde hair that reached to his shoulders and had bright blue eyes. what is with people here? Like come on I know it's a criminal ship but this is a bit overboard. No pun intended.

 I stood up and glared at him and he smirked and he tried to push me again but I backed up a step and grabbed his arms stopping him and he growled. I smirked.

I quickly kicked his stomach letting go of his arms making him stumble back a bit and he coughed for a moment before running at me and tackling me to the ground and he tried to punch me but I blocked my face with my arms and I quickly rolled a bit and then used my leg to shove him off me. he fell over to the side and I quickly got on top of him and slammed my fist into his face making his nose bleed.

He managed to quickly get the upper hand unfortunately and he quickly had me against the food trays and was punching my stomach and face multiple times. I felt the bruises forming but I tried everything to keep fighting. I felt some blood run down my face and I quickly noticed an opening and I quickly lifted my leg up in between his legs making him freeze and fall over shaking and I panted out of breath and I looked at him. 

"Jerk," I said. I got up brushing myself off and I went to walk back to my room. I slammed my door shut and I went to the bathroom looking at the mirror. I had a black eye and multiple bruises on my face with a split lip. I sighed and grabbed a rag getting cold water on it and gently setting it on my eye and hissed a bit. I went to the bed and laid down with the rag on my head gently and closed my eyes. 

"Tomorrow is another day I guess," I said as I closed my eyes and fell asleep.