D A Y T W O & A H A L F

Ashe has finally put us all into group , of course I was grouped up with the most scrawny looking men . Again I adopted to wall close to them but away enough from them , now and then they'd steal glances and make the odd comment about me . To be honest it kind of pissed me off but never really showed it .

Ashe started calling up the group's for the first trial , of course it had something to do with guns but with my experience it should be a walk in the park.  The key word being should .

Alot of the people in the teams were grouped up by the front of the warehouse , I assume they didn't pass the test and I didn't think anything of it . It looked almost innocent until I saw the three smallest of the gang members approach them all guns a ready . It caught my attention,  why we're they going there if the group's never passed the test.

The bright flashes and bangs overtook my curiosity,  the screams of terrified men and bullets hitting bodies echoed the room. Panicked voices  erupted the place , I turned around to see Ashe  staring at me . Her look fierce as ever "Who said anything about leaving here alive? Once you see this place , they ain't no way no one is leaving here."

I was practically terrified for my life,  this wasn't part of the deal . A lot of people are going to die today and I'm going to make sure I'm not going to be one of them "You...." she pointed towards me , more gun shots could be heard as I approached the stage and stood in front of Ashe.

I stared down at the dismantled  gun on the table , my heartbeat beating alot faster then usual "I need you to put this together in under 1 minute " I nodded 'That seems easy enough 'I thought to myself.  There seemed to be no tempering of the gun to jeopardise the others in loosing , so they must've not done it on time . I looked up at Ashe "I'm ready" I said as confidently as possible.

She nodded and pressed the timer and within an instant I started putting the gun together with no problems at all .  What I don't understand is why is this a test anyway ? Did she want to see how experience we are in this department? I sighed 20 seconds in the gun was complete and I put the safety on just in case "Finished..." placing the gun on the table , my eyes stumbled to her crimson's.  She looked impressed with my work picking it up she pointed it towards a random wall , taking the safety off. She took her shot putting a hole in the wall "Nice work ... I didn't get your name ." I shook my head slightly "I apologise,  my name is (Y/n)." I said quietly.

This woman seriously terrified me , I was slightly shaking but it wasn't visible . She smiled at me and extended her hand out towards me , I took it without hesitation  "Welcome to The Deadlock Gang. " I smiled at her releasing her hand "Wait ... that was all I needed to get in?" I asked shocked I thought there was more to that .

She leaned in closer "Let's just say we already had our 10 members selected , you was our first choice ." She moved back to observe me , my eyes were wide with shock "Was it necessary to kill them?" Ashe was taken back by the question , she sighed softly and looked away from me "I protect this gang as they're my family because that's what they're to me , if anyone heard where we currently are we'll be hunted out within an instant. That's why they must die ." She frowned slightly.

In a way I understood completely why she did it , I would've done the same if I were in her shoes . To protect the people you love you have to eliminate the hazards that stand in between , it's a complete eye opener for me . Maybe Ashe is different to what everyone says "There's a waiting room just through those doors there wait there until the others in come ." I looked towards the doors and nodded , my feet began walking on there own and I walked through the double doors and sat down taking a deep much needed breathe .

'This is going to be harder then expected ' I thought and rested my head against the walls . Slowly one by one the rest of the new recruits entered the waiting room , more gun shots could be heard from outside until the last recruit entered the room. Everyone was shaking like a leaf , terrified but happy they made it alive and wasn't one of the bodies that was shot dead just moments ago.

The sound of Ashe's heels could be heard coming down the corridor , the door opened slightly first to enter were the three scrawny looking men,  then an Omnic with a sniper rifle and last but not least Ashe and B.O.B.  She stared around the room a smile formed on her face "I'm sorry you all had to witness death on your first day , I wasn't expecting so many people to show up . But you guys at the worthy ones that join the group , welcome to my family . We'll take care of on another but step out of line that's it your dead meat , I won't tolerate anything from anyone as you already know.  As your awear my name is Ashe .... this next to me " she pointed towards the huge omnic next to her " Is B.O.B , then you have Bars , P.T , Zeke and Terren " they all waved when she announced there names "Tomorrow will be your first day at work , we've got bunks for each one of you to stay in as everyone is up bright and early to start work . Do you understand?" She asked and everyone nodded "Very well boy's show them to there bunks ." She turned towards me "I'll take you to yours since your next door to me "

We all got up from our seats to follow out leaders , I followed Ashe the travel there was quite. I didn't know what to say but I knew for a fact I didn't wonna stay here,  the place was grimey and dark . But I didn't have the heart to speak up this was her home and she obviously loves it to stay here. We finally came to my room she passed me the keys and looked at me "Your uniform and shoes are on the bed , if you need anything I'm just next door okay ?" I nodded and smiled at her "Thank you Ashe..." she shook her head "When we're alone you can call me Elizabeth. " and with that she disappeared into her room .

I opened my door and walked into the room , it was pretty bland . I noticed the uniform was the same as Ashe's,  maybe that's something she likes , walking up to the bed I placed the clothes onto the chair next to the bed and dived straight on top. I'm exhausted mentally and physically and as soon as I hit the pillow I fell straight to sleep.