Chapter 23- Trapped Together

Marinette stirred in her frozen state, the light from the sun still shining brightly through the barrier against the sheet of ice surrounding her. As her eyes flickered open, she began to notice the comfortable heat against her back and around her midsection-and the burning one in her fingers and toes. She could vaguely remember what had been going on before that.

I called Adrien's name. How embarrassing.

But the memory of him calling back was what was most confusing. A dream? Slowly, she took in her surroundings. Her head laid on a warm surface, and the only thing in her line of vision was ice. She weakly lifted her arms up and took in the sight of her hands. They were turning a mottled purple, edging past blue, the skin around her fingernails puckered and dry. They weren't burning, they were freezing. She began to panic even more as the only real warmth she felt began to fade from her back, stiff body jostling. Removing her head from the ground, she craned her stiff neck to look for the disappearing heat source, but yelped as the pain sliced through her. She heard a small gasp before a voice spoke, one that seemed to be miles away.

"M-Marinette, you're okay..."

Her lips were cracking, and practically frozen shut and her vision began to fade. The only thing she saw before her consciousness faded once again was a black blur and bright green eyes hovering over her as she drifted away.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"M-Marinette, you're okay..."

Chat whispered as he struggled to sit up. He felt awkward that he was practically spooning her, but it was the only way to help her conserve body heat. They'd only been in there for around 10 minutes. Plagg must have been holding on for as long as he could.

"Just a little longer... okay, Princess?"

He moved the icy hair out of Marinette's face but noticed that she was unconscious once again. Chat's hands rushed to feel for her pulse, his clothed fingers scraping against her stiff skin ever so lightly. When he felt the slight beat against his index finger, he let out a sigh of relief.

"I have to get us out of here-"

Chat Noir felt guilty for having fallen unconscious. The cold was enough to knock seven cats out in one go, but how come he was so awake now?

A sudden rush of power from the ring surprised him. How did Plagg have so much power at a time like this?

Suddenly, he felt the catsuit fading away. And in seconds, he was in swim trunks.

Shit! That must have been Plagg's last-ditch effort to hold out.

There were so many things wrong with the situation he was in right now. For one, he was when colder then he was before, meaning he could no longer protect Marinette with his body heat. Two, Marinette probably knew it was him in the barrier with her since she woke up for a few seconds. And if she were to wake up again, she'd discover his identity. There was also the fact that he no longer had superpowers to find a way out, not that they had been much good, to begin with since he couldn't touch the barrier without being repelled.

Adrien gnawed on his lip, looking around. Thankfully, the ice was so thick that it would be impossible to see through. There were no witnesses but an unconscious teenage girl.