271

My body felt numb but this time not from the opiates in my bloodstream. My throat was tight and I felt panic wash over me, a feeling I don't get often. I wanted to blink and see this wasn't real but my eyes wouldn't take away from the man standing in front of me, the man I once killed.

"Z-Zayn?" I could barely speak.

"Who the fuck do I look like?" He barked back, sounding just like.. Zayn.

My chest was rising and falling rapidly yet I felt like I couldn't breath. My palms were sweating as I was white knuckling the counter, I was so thrown off and confused.

"What's wrong Styles?" He takes a step closer as my stomach tightened. "Are you freaked?" He tuned quieter while standing closer, he even smelled like his cologne.

I noticed that his right temple was dark red of dry blood, all down the side of his cheek to his jaw.

It was where I shot him, how I killed him.

"Y-You're— You're-"

"Dead?" He finished my sentence.

"I killed you." I swallowed the lump in my throat as his lips turned to a smirk.

"I know, but I'm here now aren't I?" He says darkly, staring into my confused eyes. I blinked a few times to see if he was going to vanish, but he wasn't, he was standing there staring deceitfully into my eyes like a nightmare.

"You put a bullet right here." He places his finger against the wound of his left temple.

"You're not real." I whisper and shake my head, my heart thrashing against my chest.

"Oh but am I?" He taunts.

It's the drugs, it's the drugs.

I turned away towards the exit, opening the bathroom door to leave but instantly met eyes with another pair. I stopped in my tracks as another face was aligned with mine, hands gripping the doorway. His throat had a deep cut across it with dried blood down his neck and staining his white shirt.

"Adrian—" I nearly choked when I saw him standing there in a Malignant leather jacket.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw was clenched like stone. I couldn't even process anything before he spoke.

"Hey, pal." He muttered, his voice sounding so foreign yet familiar to me. I haven't heard that voice in years.

In reflex I just shut the door, because I couldn't understand what was happening. I turned around with my back to the surface, only to see Adrian suddenly there next to Zayn. Both of them standing side by side with dark looks in their faces, wounds on each of them from me.

"I'm going crazy." I tossed my head back against the door while my palms sweat, gripping the door handle. I couldn't breathe.

"Why are you here!" I shouted, my heart thrashing against my chest cavity.

"Why do you think!" Adrian barked back at me.

I turned back around and opened the door again, walking quickly out of the bathroom and into the cold air of the rest of the house. I went right to my bedroom, and when I went through the doorway I saw a girl laying on my bed with a smirk on her face.

Cinnamon.

"Hey baby." She smirked while laying on her side in lingerie, her head propped up by her hand.

"Fuck!" I turn back around to the door but then she was suddenly standing there blocking the exit. There was only a meter between us as she held the doorframe.