Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Loki

Lienna went to bed straight after dinner without a word to me. I was slightly hurt that I didn't even hear a good night call from her, but then again, she wasn't looking or feeling well.

I was so tempted to dive into her mind and read her thoughts as she left, but I decided against it. I had my secrets, she had hers.

"Loki! Did Lienna leave you?"

I rolled my eyes. Thor was one of the people I didn't want to see. He had his little lady by his side, the one I presumed was Wisteria though we'd never been introduced.

"She's sick," I said pointedly, then turned back to the sky that I pretended to be engrossed in.

Thor clapped his hand on my shoulder. "That's awful! At least you're healthy."

I turned back to face him, my disposition going from bad to worse. Wisteria watched me with close eyes. She seemed like a farm girl, most likely getting used to all the formalities of royal life.

"Did you fight?" Wisteria whispered suddenly but sharply.

"What?" Thor asked, but the two of us ignored him.

I studied her. "What makes you ask that?"

She frowned. "I was simply wondering."

I reached into Wisteria's mind, searching. Nothing seemed off, so I brushed it away.

"So, brother, how far-" Thor began. I cut him off.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to retire," I said. Then I teleported to my room. Sometimes just being around Thor gave me a headache.

I stood in my quarters trying to remember exactly why I chose here of all places. Then I remembered it was because my room was next to Lienna's.

I stepped out of my room and quietly opened Lienna's door.

She sat on her bed, tears in her eyes. I took a step back.

Lienna wiped her eyes. "No, you can come in."

I sat next to her on her bed. "Are you feeling better?"

Lienna sighed. "A little. I'm sorry I didn't say good night or anything. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed."

I nodded. "You've had a bit of a rough day."

She closed her eyes. Lienna looked so beautiful, her ebony hair framing her pale face. Even with sorrow written into her expression, she seemed so perfect. I subconsciously began to lean toward her.

My lips met hers within an instant. Her hand reached up through my hair, bringing me closer. I pulled away from her. I had to control myself.

"That helps," Lienna whispered, trailing her fingers down my back.

I got up to leave. "I love you, Lienna."

"Wait."

I stopped halfway up, waiting for her to voice the thought in my mind.

"Will you stay? Just until I fall asleep?" she pleaded.

I nodded. I sat back down next to her, massaging her back and pushing energy from my fingertips to her body as Lienna fell asleep. She needed it.

Giving all my energy away to comfort Lienna meant that I wouldn't be able to move in a few minutes. But I was okay with that. I could stay here all night.

I really did love her. I wanted to hold her in my arms. I wanted to kiss her until she smiled again.

I wanted to be with her forever.

××××××

Second update today because I might forget to put this chapter up! Thanks for your support!