Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine

Louis continued to feel drained as the week dragged on, and the high he had been riding on vanished. The events of Monday night with his aunt, sadly, weren't the last, as the next two nights followed the same procedure. She would come home late at night, thinking she was talking to her sister. On Wednesday night, when it happened again, she collapsed on the floor, and Louis rushed over to help her up. He took her to her room, and on the way back Louis spotted a small pack of white powder on the floor. Not sure what to do, he discarded it down the toilet and barricaded himself in his room.

Isaac had still been coming over every day after he finished school, being very patient with Louis as he knew something was wrong. It didn't take long for Louis to tell Isaac what was happening and that he was scared. It was an odd thing to say aloud to someone, especially for Louis, but he trusted Isaac, and he felt safe with him.

As the weeks slowly passed by, Louis and Isaac became closer, though they hadn't gone on a second date, or even discussed one (apart from their "not-date") but neither of the boys minded too much.

After the first week with Louis' aunt, things had gone back to normal; well, as normal as they could. Louis wasn't able to bring himself to look at his aunt when she was home; not after what had happened. He barely even spoke to her anymore, mainly because he rarely saw her, and though guilt snaked its way around his body, he did his best to ignore it.

Isaac, of course, helped him, doing his best to reassure him that it would pass and that it would be okay. While Louis wouldn't usually believe it, he found himself trusting in Isaac's words, and as the first day of a new week crept closer to an end, Louis heard Isaac's sweet voice drip through his bedroom wall. It alone reassured him it was going to be alright.

"Hey, Lou-Lou, guess what?"

Louis wasn't too sure how Isaac always knew when he was in his room, but whenever the familiar voice slipped through the wall, Louis was there to answer.

"What, Zac?" Louis responded, deciding to try out a nickname.

"Zac?" A new, but familiar, voice came through the wall, and Louis sat up on his bed.

He had been lying quite comfortably on top of his covers, looking up at the ceiling, but the new voice made him perk up.

"Uh," was all Louis seemed to be able to get as he heard Isaac and the other familiar voice behind the wall laugh.

"Shawn is here!" Isaac suddenly called, and as if a switch clicked in Louis' head, the other voice became instantly recognisable.

"Yes, he is," Shawn stated, and Louis couldn't stop the smile from coming onto his face.

"Oh, hey, Shawn!" Louis called through the wall.

He hadn't talked to Shawn at all since his date with Isaac, so, for Louis, it was nice to hear another friendly voice.

"How have you been, Lou-Lou?" Shawn asked before Louis heard him faintly grunt. "Ow!"

"Only I'm allowed to call him that!" Isaac growled at Shawn, and Louis stifled his laughter.

"You do know that almost everybody calls me that, right?" Louis asked through the wall.

"Well, I'm gonna kick their asses."

"I have no doubt that you'd be able to." Louis chuckled. "Please don't, though."

"I guess so..."

"You're so gay," Shawn chimed in before grunting in pain again.

"Anyway!" Louis called after containing his laughter. "I've been okay, Shawn."

"Well then, that's moderately good," Shawn replied. "Seriously, though, Zac?"