Vol 5 Chap 136

XH 136

Heise: "I want to see Xiao Hua!"

Duke Heng: "That is a fine idea."

Heise: '...' I'm going to be killed.

Eunuch Heng: '...' Master, did you not see my eye signal? QAQ

That was how Heise unknowingly broke his word to Duan XiYing that he will do his best to make sure Duke Heng would not meet Xiao Hua. He had not known his dearest uncle was standing right behind him when he uttered those words to Heng Xin! He was too busy panicking over the news that the Empress had brought Xiao Hua to stay in her courtyard that his guard dropped down.

Heise would have run away, acting like a mischievous ten-year-old kid, just so that he could amend his mistake, but his uncle grabbed onto his hand and helpfully lead him to the correct destination.

He tried to tug his hand, wailing and even stomping on his feet, screaming that he wanted to go back home, but he does not know what possessed Duke Heng today, because he refused to entertain Heise's tantrum and determined to bring them to the Empress' courtyard.

It was the sight of a screaming boy in the arms of an adult man with a smiling face that greeted the Empress that had just finished her afternoon meal.

"What are you doing to the Eighth Prince, Duke Heng?" The Empress demanded sharply, her motherly instinct rose upon seeing her youngest stepchild with tear covered face.

"My little nephew wishes to see a lady with the name of Xiao Hua. I only know of the Third Prince's personal maid with that name so I brought my nephew over for him to see if it's the same person."

The Empress raised an eyebrow at her long-time friend. "How kind of you. Alright, you have my permission to bring Long Ming to visit Xiao Hua."

"How nice of you." Duke Heng sat down on an empty stool and to avoid his nephew from taking the opportunity to run away, he caged Long Ming on his lap with his arms. "Do you hear your Mother Empress, Long Ming? She agrees to let you meet Xiao Hua."

By now, Heise could only pretend stupid and nod his head, surrendering to his fate of being abused by Xiao Hua and Duan XiYing later. He knew better than to think the master and maid duo would leave him to scatter free!

Xin Lin added new dishes for the Eighth Prince and Duke Heng to partake but Heise has no appetite for food right now.

"So your little bird had told you about it. That's rather quick," the Empress commented, alike how she comments about the weather.

Duke Heng does not insult the Empress' intelligence by pretending ignorance. The Empress knew that Xin Mei was sent in by him to keep an eye on the Empress as well as passing him important information. The Empress believed that it would be better to have a friend's spy by her side than an enemy's spy.