Chapter Three

~ Present day ~

"'Mione! Come on we're gonna be late. I swear to god if you don't pack your stuff right no-"
Hermione came running down the stairs, trunk in her hand. I rolled my eyes as she stood there out of breath.
"Maybe you should take a break from reading and try exercise" I quipped sarcastically, rushing her along into the car.
"Oh ha ha," she replied, throwing her trunk into the boot of our car, our parents sitting in the front "I'm fine just exercising my brain thanks"
"How were the Weasley's holidays to Egypt?" My dad asked curiously, revving the engine and starting to leave to Diagon Alley. My dad liked the twins, he found their pranks quite funny (not that he'd admit that to his wife) and appreciated them taking me under their wing as I got used to the new world I was introduced to.
"Fred said that they visited Bill and he took them around all sorts of pyramids and tombs. I miss that guy he's so cool, works for the bank remember the ones with the goblins? Anyway George said that even Scabbers liked it which is new cos that rats a moody git" I laughed, thinking back to the multiple letters I received over the summer holidays.
"How about your friend Hermione? The Potter one?" Our mother asked.
"The Dursley's didn't let him use hedwig so I haven't had any news from him all summer until yesterday. He accidentally inflated his horrible aunt and she flew away. He's staying at the Hogs Head now" she stated, obviously slightly angry at the Dursley's horrible nature.

Once we got to Diagon Alley, Hermione and I walked around trying to get all of our items as quickly as possible. We only really needed to buy my books as I had given Hermione all my old ones (which were still in impeccable condition. I may be a prankster but I respect my books) so we entered Flourish and Blotts. After an hour we eventually had everything on our lists, and decided to make our way to the Hogs Head.
"Emily! Look at that cat!" Hermione squealed, pointing at an aggressive-looking ginger cat through the window.
"Looks like he could kill you," I replied with a laugh "let's get her"

"Fred! George!" I yelled, throwing myself into their arms "how ya doing chaps?"
"Emilyyyy get off!" George grunted, trying to wrestle his way out of my strong hold.
"Aw Georgie I'm just trying to love you! You've been in Egypt aaaaall summer! Freddie tell him I just wanna love him!" I whined, loosening my grip.
"Yeah let her love us George. If she wants to hug us then take it like a man!"
I rolled my eyes at their antics and made my way over to Molly and Arthur.
"G'day Molly, Arthur" I greeted happily, accepting a bear hug from each ginger.
"Hello Emily, good holidays I hope?" Arthur asked with a big grin on his face.
"Yes thanks. How was Egypt? I saw you in the paper it looked so nice!"
"Wonderful. Bill was showing us the work he does, im so proud of him" Molly answered, slightly tearing up.
"Aww don't worry Molly, we'll see him again sooner than later" I said, comforting the older woman.

"Emily! Get over here!" Fred called, obviously scheming something with George as they kept exchanging knowing looks.
"Yes?" I said cautiously, slowly making my way over to the twins.
"We got you a present from Egypt. Thought you'd like it" George said grinning.
"Thanks?" I answered, slightly off put by their evil grins that were slowly creeping up their faces. I held the box away from my face as I opened it. After nothing happened, I looked in the twins direction again, slightly more terrified than before. They just nodded encouragingly, so I moved the box nearer to my face, looking in through the top.

B A N G

confetti covered my face, and got lodged in my nostrils.
"YOU EVIL LITTLE -" I screamed enraged.
The twins took this as their cue to run. Not bothered to do any more physical exercise after speed walking the whole of Diagon Alley, I didn't follow them, only making footstep noises with me my feet. A smirk found its way to my face as I started to hear the footsteps slow down, scared that I was going to jump out on them. Deciding to let them keep the fear, I went and ordered a cup of tea from Tom at the bar. After collecting my drink I sat down at the table with the rest of the Weasley family and sipped my tea happily.

After half an hour George hesitantly poked his head into the room, missing me as I blended in with the other Weasley's. Motioning Fred to come in, they creeped into the corner and hid behind the table. It took them another half an hour to realise that I was sat having an animated conversation with Ginny and Percy.
"You got Head Boy? That's so good Percy!" I grinned, happy that he had got what he wanted. He definitely deserved it.
"Oh come on!" George groaned from the corner "she's been there the whole time!"
"For merlin's sake!" Fred shouted.
I turned around and sent a wink their way, before returning to the conversation.

Harry Potter joined us later that evening, walking into the Hogs Head with a large smile on his face

"I hope you're well" Percy said pompously, shaking his hand. Fred snorted, elbowing Percy out of the way, and bowing deeply.
"Harry! Simply splendid to see you old boy -"
"Marvellous" said George, pushing his twin aside "absolutely spiffing". Percy sent his brothers a deep scowl as I pulled Harry into a hug, ruffling his hair.
"How're you doing champ? Heard you blew up your aunt" I giggled, the idea of a floating aunt entertaining me greatly.
"I didn't mean to!" Harry replies earnestly, before being dragged away by my sister.
"That's enough now" Molly scolded, looking at the twins in disappointment.
"Mum!" Fred said, as though he'd only just noticed her "How really corking it is to see you -"
"I said that's enough" Molly scowled, before turning to Harry with a bright smile.
"We tried to lock Percy in a pyramid-"
"But mum caught us"
I let out a laugh, shaking my head at the twins stupidness.
"Emily come up here quickly" George whispered, dragging me upstairs. The three of us entered Percy and Ron's room and Fred quickly stole the Head Boy badge from the bedside table.
"We need to change the badge from Head Boy into Humungous Bighead" Fred spoke softly, looking at the badge with mischievous intent.

After about five minutes of trying, we realised that 'Humungous Bighead' was too long to fit on the badge.
"I know!" I quietly shouted, grabbing the badge from George's hands. With a wave of my wand, biting my lip in concentration, the words on the badge morphed.
"Terrific!" George laughed with glee, now holding a badge that read 'Bighead Boy'. With a snicker he placed it back on the table and we snuck out of the room, stifling my giggles.