Chapter eighteen: Tamara

Lillian sat at the window, looking out of the inn onto the town square. Looking down, she saw a familiar blonde with a eleven year old walking into the inn. Smiling to herself as Neal walked out of the bathroom, shaking his towel over his hair. ''Are you alright?''

Looking at his little sister, he knew she wasn't alright. She was exhausted but refused to even blink a eye for herself. It was so unlike herself, he hated it to see her that way. On Neverland she had been a mother to him, never thinking of herself and always joining the lost boys on the bonfire as they led the dance. But that was Lily, he constantly had to remind himself that this was not Lily, but Lillian. 

''Is it the nightmares again?'' She gave a soft nod as the door opened, Henry and Emma walking in. Neal was slow to move away from his younger sister, greeting Emma with a small wave.

''Hey, buddy!'' Neal opened his arms, feeling way more comfortable with Henry that he did once. ''How are you?'' He asked as he softly let go of his father, looking at his back. 

''I'm good.'' Henry shifted his arms, opening his back-pack and giving Neal his book. ''I brought this, I thought you could tell me what it was really like over there.'' He than caught sight of Lillian sitting at the window. He perked up and ran to her, hugging her tightly. ''Sis!'' 

She smiled as she moved her arm around him pulling him into her side. 

''I'll tell you what. Why don't you go to Granny's, get us four hot cocoa's and we can dive in?'' Henry gave a nod, grabbing Lillian's hand as he pulled her along to the cafe.  

The air in Neal's room had been heavy before Tamara was there, whatever Emma and Neal had discussed, Lillian could feel the tense energy in the room. Her empathy being more like a curse than a gift at the moment. Even Henry was looking rather uncomfortable as he was sitting in between Emma and Lillian.

Lillian stared at her cup as she took a small sip, only looking to see Neal gazing at her, which she returned with a small smile. Nobody had failed to notice how the two of them would spent their time together. The small glances as they were talking to others, the tight embrace as their foreheads touched, the holding of the hands, as if they were trying to snap each others bones. 

Mr. Gold hadn't seemed bothered by their relationship, if you could even call it that. They were more like siblings every time he would show up. He found it rather comforting that his son and his ward were so close. 

''So, how did you two meet?'' Henry met Lillian's gaze as she turned towards him. Frowning at the question, but somehow being able to put a smile on her face. 

''Well, I was super late yo work, rushing like crazy, guzzling my giant coffee when this guys crashes into me.'' Chuckling to the memory, Tamara turned to Lillian who had seemed quite interested in the story as well. Her head tilted to one side as she listened to the story. 

''My coffee soaked my blouse. There was no time to change. So Neal gave me his scarf to hide the stains. And he said I could keep it. Or call him if I wanted to return it.'' She giggled as she grabbed his hand. ''I decided to call, and, well, we've been together ever since.'' 

''Sounds like a fairy tale.'' Lillian smirked at Baelfire as he turned to her, shooting her a warning look before she stood up. ''Well, we gotta get this one to his grandfather. Thank you for the bagel Tamara. It was nice to meet you.'' 

Neal went to grab the book as Henry shook his head. ''Why don't you hold onto that?'' 

Grabbing Henry's hand, she waved at Neal and Tamara as she closed the door behind her. Mouthing a good luck to her brother. She knew he wanted to tell Tamara the truth, but she herself had voted against it, being ignored by Emma and Neal.