chapter 36- Glass Rain Drops

Scarecrow’s POV

I lay on my bed looking up at the high ceiling; the numbness still hadn’t left my body, as I descended into some strange reality. I looked down my body to see my scar littered torso, each and every little line had caused me pain at one point in my life. But now there was another scar which I will never see. I looked down at my bruised chest and sighed painfully, I chocked as I couldn’t feel any pain for the broken heart I was harbouring. Maybe it would be better, being numb, being broken. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and looked down at the bare wood floor. Why couldn’t I feel any pain for the loss of Ashleigh? I ran my hands over my face, what was wrong with me? I pulled my shirt up from the floor and shoved my arms through it. It was time to talk to the bat.

I walked out of my room to climb up the hard steps which lead to the roof, where the Batman had been perched for some time, possibly deep in thought. “Where did you confront Bane last time?” the bat turned round to face me, his eyes dark almost foreboding. He stood up from his crouched position and walked over to me, “I fought Bane in the Gotham sewers, but you won’t find him there I’ve checked.” The sky growled above us, I knew bane needed a place to hide.  Somewhere similar to the sewers, I needed to talk to killer croc. I turned away from the bat, and made my way to the roof door, “you’re not the only one who loves her Scarecrow.” Suddenly rain began to pour; I looked over my shoulder, to see how much the Batman did love her. I shook my head and left the Batman in the rain.

I pulled myself to killer crocs lair; I pushed open the door to be welcomed by the eerie silence of killer croc. I walked down the concrete stairs; my head seem to spin like I was on a pain numbing drug. I looked down at the murky water below me, “I need to talk croc.” Suddenly water surged high, as killer croc broke the surface, “what do you need Scarecrow?” His teeth were bared his large red eyes glinted venomously. Suddenly it felt like a blow to my head, I collapsed onto my knees, suddenly pain began to enter y chest the numbness was soon fading into pain, but not physical pain. I bared my teeth and clawed my way back up the basement wall, “croc is there any tunnel systems in Gotham other than the sewers?” my shoulder slammed against the basement wall as I tried to stand. I sighed as the room began to spin once again, “the only other tunnel system I can think of is the abandoned Gotham subway system.” I lulled my head to the side, “thank you croc.” I dragged myself up the basement steps, towards the roof once more. The rain hit me hard almost making me his the gravelled roof, the Batman looked at me from his perch, “I know where Ashleigh could be.” Suddenly it felt like my heart had stopped, everything froze in front of my eyes. Each rain drop was like glass as I stood motionless in front of my eyes. Suddenly reality came back as everything finally began to speed up, as my limp pain filled body descended to the ground, and once again my vision was filled by motionless glass rain drops.