Chapter 15: Together

Third Person P.O.V (Point Of View)

Wendy slowly opened her eyes blinking rapidly, trying to adjust at the bright light. She tried sitting up, groaning in the process.

"Why the shit is it so bright in here?" she rubbed her eyes. 

"Because we clearly don't want to not bump into expensive machines while trying to see how you're doing" a voice spoke and Wendy jumped.

When her sight wasn't blurry anymore, she gazed around the room finding Jihyo on a small chair by her side, smiling. The younger's were eyes barely open as she laid her head against the wall.

"Oh hi, I-" Wendy started.

"How are you feeling?"

"Uh I'm not feeling anything" Wendy stated looking at Jihyo struggling to stay awake. 

"I mean.. you broke your left arm, sprained your right ankle, got a concussion, a black eye, a busted lip and your whole body is bruised, so I suppose the doctors gave you strong drugs so you won't.. be in pain" Jihyo gave a sad smile to the older. 

"That's uh a lot" Seungwan replied shaking her head while trying to block out her feelings.

The older was obviously hurt, both mentally and physically. She was really thankful to Jihyo who helped her and took her to the hospital and didn't want to upset her more by breaking down in front of her.

"What time is it?" Wendy asked trying to change the subject. 

"4 AM" Jihyo replied slowly closing her eyes. 

"Oh my god Jihyo-ssi why are you awake?" she shrieked. 

"Everyone is gone except from Dahyun who fell asleep on Momo's lap, she wouldn't stop crying... The others decided to go home and rest but promised to come back in the morning, so I stayed here in case you needed anything." Wendy couldn't move her eyes from the younger as she talked. Words couldn't describe how thankful she was.

"Thank you, really" Seungwan spoke sincerely, flashing a smile at Jihyo's direction. 

"It's nothing. But I think it would be best to actually talk to someone about it. I know that whatever happened to you wasn't an accident so please don't even try to lie" the younger sternly said, opening her eyes to look at Wendy, who was dumbfounded by Jihyo's concern.

"I uh--" the older started, anxiously playing with the bedsheets. 

"You don't have to tell if you don't want. There's always Dahyun or perhaps someone who's is more close to you?" Jihyo said noticing a small hickey on the girls neck, one that she hadn't noticed before, maybe because she used make up to hide it.

"No no no it's not that I don't want to tell you" Wendy needed help, but thought that if she ever spoke to anyone Irene would eventually find out. Her girlfriend had connections everywhere, so she didn't usually talk about their relationship to anyone.

Jihyo just looked at the older patiently waiting for her to speak up.

"It's,uh, my girlfriend" Seungwan spoke in one breath looking away from Jihyo's face. The younger shot up from her seat, forgetting completely how tired she was. 

"Has she done this before?" Jihyo angrily said while walking towards the bed. 

"Uh maybe" Wendy mumbled avoiding eye contact. 

"Does Dahyun know?" the younger asked and Seungwan shook her head. 

"She w-was the reason I left Korea" she spoke, her voice hardly above a whisper.

"But I thought you left to study--"

"I could've studied here, but she was getting out of hand and I had to get away. I had to protect myself" the older said pushing back tears "You might think I'm stupid for not breaking up with her but.." her body started shaking when remembering under what circumstances she left the county.

[Flashback]

It had happened yet again. Irene beat up her girlfriend, Wendy for the third time this week.

The younger girl sobbed in front of the mirror as she examined her bruised and hurt body. The scars were so visible that even makeup couldn't really cover them. Due to her injuries she hasn't gone to see her parents in 2 months with the excuse of being busy over moving.

That's when it hit her and in 3 weeks time she had filled and signed papers in order to move her studies in a University in Canada, a country that caught Wendy's eye when she first visited it with school.

She couldn't take it anymore and moving in a completely different environment didn't scare Seungwan. She just wanted to be away from her abusive and manipulative girlfriend, who she couldn't break up with as she always lured her back into their relationship.

She looked herself one more time in the mirror before she heard Irene shouting from the living room of their shared apartment, looks like round 4 was about to begin.

[End of flashback]

"Oh my god Wendy no! I would never think something like that" Jihyo hurried over to the older's side as she broke down in tears.

"I just had to m-move, she would--" Seungwan tried speaking but was cut off by Jihyo who carefully hugged her

"It's okay, no need to talk about it more" she pulled away examining once again the hickey on the older's neck "Did she do that too?" Jihyo pointed at the spot and Wendy nodded still not being able to look the younger in the eyes. 

"She has never forced me to h-have.. you k-know" Seungwan felt weird talking about stuff like this with a girl she had just met "She only did y-yesterday morning" the older didn't know why she was defending her girlfriend.

"Wendy, I'm sorry" was what Jihyo said before taking Wendy's hand in hers kissing the girl's bruised knuckles softly "We're going to find a way through this and we don't have to tell the others if you don't want to" she reassuringly spoke letting Seungwan's hand go.

It took a while for the older to reply. She was too overwhelmed and scared and the last thing she wanted was Jihyo getting in trouble because she was too dumb to fall in love with a monster "She will hurt you Jihyo-ssi" she whispered and Jihyo smiled nodding 

"It's better getting myself hurt than you"

The words rolled out of Jihyo's mouth so naturally that she was also too shocked with what she had just said. She didn't know why she was risking her safety for the older but something inside her head told her not to give up on her.

They could do it, together.

______

A/N: i really hate how yg treats lisa (edit: i still do)

(Edited: June 2019)