xii // coffee

The time is ten past three when they finally arrive in front of the café in the Rose Building. They easily spot Ash's friends waiting outside the small but busy café. When Bonnie sees the two approaching, she taps Clemont and Serena and points to the two of them. When Serena looks up, her face morphs from excitement since she's seeing Ash, to absolute horror and disgust that he has a plus one.

Ash smiles as he runs a bit in front of Hannah to greet his friends. He hugs them each independently, as a way of saying hello to them.

First, Bonnie. He kneels down onto his knee so he is at her eye level. Then, opens his arms for the hyperactive child to run into them and hug him very tightly, her showing how she is very happy Ash is joining them for afternoon tea.

Next is Clemont, Ash stands up and straightens himself up and extends his right arm for Clemont to take. Clemont then takes his right hand and connects them. From there, they both come in closer to each other and their free arms wrap around the other person. This hug style they nicknamed; the Bro Hug.

Lastly is Serena. Both the boys let go of each other and Ash moves over to Serena, giving her a normal hug. She gracefully wraps her arms around him and holds the hug there. She opens her eyes and gives Hannah a smirk that she thought only Hannah could see. Hannah replies to that with a subtle eye roll and instead looks towards the café they will be indulging with.

Ash finally pries Serena off him to stop the elongated hug. He turns around and grabs Hannah by the wrist and gently tugs her over to stand next to him. Ash let's go of her arm and introduces her to his friends, "Guys, this is Hannah. She battled Trevor in the first round. Hannah, these are my friends, Bonnie, Clemont and Serena."

Ash points to them all respectively, Hannah making eye contact with each of them when he says their name. When Serena was introduced the stare lingered a little longer before she speaks to the group, "Hello everyone."

"Now that we've got introductions out of the way, let's get to eating!" Ash announces, and they all make it into the café.

When they entered, the group thought it would be near impossible to get a table due to how busy the place was. With sighs, they turn their bodies to leave, until a worker there stammered loudly to his co-workers, "Oh my Arceus! T-that's Hannah!" All of the employees turn their heads quickly to see that Hannah is standing in their café. They all look at each other in excitement and escort the five of them to a table.

The seating area is quite quiet, compared to the rest of the café. A nice booth area looking out at the main building and stalls that surround it.

The employees all begin asking for her autograph, stoked that she was in their café! Ash has never seen a sight like it, he never got stopped like this, 'is she really this popular?' he asks himself but ends up just shrugging the thought off and sliding into the right side of the booth.

Clemont slides into the left side of the booth, followed by her excited sister straight after. Serena is about to slide into the side with Ash on it, but is stopped when Ash exclaims, "Hey Hannah, you should sit next to me."

Hannah, who just finished her little signing session, looks towards Ash and nods her head a little in appreciation. She moves towards the seat, and while sliding in, gives Serena the same smirk she gave Hannah before when they were hugging. Serena looks on with disbelief, and gives a slight huff and takes her seat next to Bonnie.

"How about you two talk on the ground instead. That way you don't have to be so squished on the table." Ash suggests for both Pikachu and Weavile, who smile with glee and hop off their trainer's shoulders to talk on the floor.

They all receive menus from their nervous waiter and begin browsing. Besides from Bonnie nagging Clemont to allow her to get the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, they were all silent. Another minute passes and the waiter returns, ready to take their orders.