xviii // awake

What was supposed to be a quick nap turned into a three-hour long one. Hannah reluctantly wakes up from her nap that was meant to be 30 minutes long very tired and lethargic. Both Hannah and Weavile, who was awakened by Hannah's movements, arise at the same time, only to look outside their window and see outside.

The sun setting meant it was the evening, and Hannah knew she actually had to get up and go to the city and get a dress. Even the thought of Hannah wearing a dress made her recoil back and shiver with disgust. She heavily disliked wearing them but knew she had to due to societies annoying expectation of women. With yet another sigh, she grabbed all her essential items and recalled Weavile to her Pokéball. She was almost about to head off, but she recalled everything that had happened today.

Today. Just today. So much has happened in the span of not even 12 hours, and Hannah feels absolutely horrible knowing the day isn't even over yet.

But, she doesn't let that stop her. Grabbing clothes she knows she hasn't worn at the league yet, she heads out of the door with a hoodie over her head and sunglasses on, making sure they were the ones that are reflective, so no one had the chance to see her eyes. She then grabs Weavile's Pokéball and recalls her, to make sure no one knows it's her.

She walks to the forest behind the Jeune building and pulls out a Pokéball. She throws it in the air and out comes her Charizard, looking around to see what she summoned him for. Immediately understanding, Charizard bends down to allow Hannah to get on her back, and he flies off to Lumiose City.

Hannah looks down below at the league's train station, and sees all the people cramming onto the train carriages and how crowded the platforms look. Hannah gives a slight chuckle at that, extremely glad to have a flying Pokémon on her team for the zero cost trips and the alone time she gets on his back.

Soon enough, Hannah and Charizard look upon the horizon and see the shopping capital of Kalos. Bright lights and the shouts of humans and Pokémon alike are heard and seen clearly from the long distance. "Okay, buddy. Just the outside forest area is good to land." Hannah instructs her Pokémon, and after receiving a slight nod, both descend down into the forest of Route 5.

Recalling Charizard into his Pokéball, Hannah swiftly makes her way onto the footpath that will lead her to the bustling city known as Lumiose.

All different types of people are seen throughout Hannah's trip. Children to trainers, some looking innocent and some sketchy. Hannah fell under the category of sketchy, her hoodie and sunglasses made it look as though she was trying to sell... something. Hannah didn't dwell on the thought, however, as she arrived at the store. Releasing a sigh she didn't even know she was holding and walked into the shop.

The warm and comforting environment allowed Hannah to feel calm and unnerved. She began walking around the familiar store and walked to the back, where she knew a certain someone would be. In seeing the girl she got acquainted with not too long ago, Hannah called out her name. The said girl turned around to see Hannah and smiled brightly.

The tall, blonde girl's name is Korrina. The girl stood confidently with her partner Lucario by her side. Korrina instantly ran up to Hannah and they hug each other. Hannah silently annoyed at the huge height difference, with Hannah's head only just reaching her shoulder. After the embrace, Korrina looked around wearily and grabbed Hannah by the wrist, dragging her into the nearby changing room and locking the door.

Hannah seemed shocked at all the sudden movement, but Korrina just took off her hoodie and sunglasses, throwing them into the ground and proceeded to smile and explain her previous actions, "I know the press is onto you, so I decided to keep it a little more private."