Waffles

Liam punched in the code for the front door and slammed it open, stomping straight up the stairs as Seren frantically screamed for someone to come to her aid.

"No one is going to help you," he said, darkly. "They listen to me. And if you did, too, you wouldn't be over my shoulder right now."

"I'm sorry, okay!? I-I'll listen so much better. I'll be good!"

"I don't believe you, rogue," he growled, rounding the corner and striding toward his double doors.

She whacked his back again. "Put me down! Don't do this! You will regret it! I'll hate you forever and I will do everything I can to get away from you!"

"You will do that if I don't mark you. Once I do, you will feel the power of our bond and you will never run from me again," he locked the doors behind him with one hand, squeezing her legs firmly while she thrashed and tried to wriggle free of his iron grasp.

"This isn't supposed to be how you treat your mate!" she cried desperately as he shoved open the bedroom door. Her pulse was quick and loud in her ears, the strength of his muscular shoulder beneath her stomach only made it worse. He still hadn't put on his shirt and even though she relished in the silkiness of his skin and the waves of riotous pleasure that rolled under her flesh, she wanted nothing more than to run from him. 

He tossed her effortlessly on the bed and had one knee between her legs and a hand on either side of her head before she could attempt to push her dress down. Face red with anger and embarassment, she tried to keep her eyes from taking in the flexed muscles of his chest and abdomen and the powerful arms caging her in. Her hands gripped his forearms and she tried to scoot toward the headboard away from his piercing and angry eyes. "Not how you're supposed to treat your mate, hmm?" he snarled. "So you are supposed to hide from them for years and make them think they were alone and then run from them the first chance you get without even hearing them out? Is that right, Seren?"

"I-I..."

"I heard you out. I know what you've been through and I know you are scared, but that's no reason to assume I'm a monster like the wolves in your last pack," he said. That muscle twitched in his jaw and Seren knew he was using a significant amount of self-restraint not to do something brash. "But there is nothing wrong with showing the world you are mine, even if it is against your will. You will thank me one day for convincing you." 

Liam snatched both of her wrists in one huge hand and held them tightly as he rested his weight on his other elbow. Seren kicked and squirmed as best she could, but when his hand speared into her hair, she got the sinking feeling that nothing she did would stop this derailed train. 

"I told Cara that I would give you a chance, but you are ruining it," she growled emotionlessly. "You are being just as much of a monster as they were."

His chest vibrated against her with displeasure, his eyes nearly cobalt. "I'm doing what I have to, Seren. You are mine and you need to understand that. You can be as independent as you want, as long as you bear my mark so that no other male can steal you from me. I have waited too long to find you and, though I will do my best to go slow with you, I'm going to have you. You are going to be my mate in every sense of the word," his voice deepened until it was raspy. "And you will carry my children."

She gasped, shocked and scared. He ignored the fear in the air and gently tilted her head back, exposing her throat and he ran his nose and lips down it until he came to the slope of her shoulder above her collar bone, inhaling all the way. This time, she couldn't help her body's reaction as her hips moved in agony which only made his breathing increase. His dark eyes were glowing a brilliant blue-white as his wolf showed through, his lips parting so that she could feel his teeth on the tender spot he had selected.