IV: THE CHASERS PASS THE WAFFLE AROUND TO GET POINTS RIGHT?

chapter four; the chasers pass the waffle around to get points right?

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN you're not going to watch the game!" rosie yelled looking at lyric as if the girl had two heads

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN you're not going to watch the game!" rosie yelled looking at lyric as if the girl had two heads. today was the first quidditch match of the season: gryffindor vs hufflepuff. it was something that made the castle twitter with new life.

lyric stopped reading her dad' new book and raised her eyebrow at the blonde. "you know I don't liking watching quidditch." she muttered keeping her nose hidden behind the book.

it's not that lyric despised the game, she despised the memories that came with it. the first time she ever rode a broom was in madam hooch's class and she spent three days in the hospital wing - madam pomfrey working her magic (literally) to regrow the girl's bones. then when she went to her first ever quidditch game the bludger had gotten so close to her side of the stands that she felt it brush the tip of her ponytail as it crashed into the wood behind her. and lastly, noah was the only one who ever got her to go out. she mostly watched whenever ravenclaw played because she liked to watch her boyfriend fly back and forth across the field, wind sweeping through his hair while a cocky smirk was plastered on his face. but she no longer had him in her life so there was no need for her to sit and watch anymore.

"but it's your house against mine! you have to watch!" rosie got up from the bench and fell to her knees begging lyric to go. lyric became extremely embarrassed as the people around the two girls laughed and pointed. "I don't care, now get up. you're causing a scene!" she said while pulling rosie back onto her seat.

"can't wait to kick some hufflepuff arse today." george yelled while him and his twin took a seat in front of the two girls. "charming weasley." lyric said with a deadpan expression on her face.

"oh um - no offense parker." he smiled sheepishly.

"none taken." she replied and went back to reading her dad's book. it was very interesting - probably a new favorite of hers - and she really wanted to finish it, but of course the world had other plans for the brunette.

rosie then grabbed a hold of george's robes, "boys please help me in getting lyric to come out and watch the game please!" she exclaimed while shaking the red head. george fixed his disheveled robes as rosie sat back down and the twins turned their heads to the girl hiding behind the book.

"you're not going to watch?" fred asked while tilting his head. never in his six years of being in hogwarts has he ever met someone who did not want to go to a quidditch match - let alone the first one of the season.

"i just don't really see the appeal. it's just a game." she replied still looking at her book. the two boys in front of her choked and clutched their hearts, looking as if she had murdered their first born child.

george sputtered out, leaning in closely to the girl, "are you mad woman? just a game!"

lyric leaned back and just shrugged. she didn't want to tell them the actual reason.