Twelve

The morning after Christmas, Estelle woke up smiling. The previous night was magical in every way of the word. All Estelle could think about was the way Severus's hand had rested on her waist and the way he was frowning in anger and embarrassment. It was a new sight to see. After having a secret dance with Severus, the two went back to the Great Hall to enjoy the rest of the night. Severus didn't dance anymore rather he stayed in the corners far away from the dance floor and tried to avoid any other living being. Estelle on the other hand went and danced with Professor Flitwick and some of the other Professors as well as a group of seventh years and sixth years who enjoyed her lessons. She danced and danced which was very fun from the normal everyday lessons and classes here at the castle. It was a nice change of pace and she loved the whole night.

The night ended wonderfully when Headmistress McGonagall gave a beautiful speech about the Battle of Hogwarts and gave respect and thanks of gratitude and honour to the Fallen Fifty and the people who helped. There were tears and smiles of gratefulness with a touch of a heavy atmosphere. Though the night ended smoothly and everyone left the winter wonderland of the Great Hall with satisfied and happy smiles, off to bed after the amazing night. 

Estelle woke up exhausted but happy. She got dressed as normal but before she left for breakfast she noticed a gift in her office area on the table that her and Elio shared. Turns out Estelle did receive a gift from Severus, realizing after reading the note that was attached to it. He must have gave it to her and placed it into her quarters when she had gone to bed, since he helped her go back to her room since she drank quite a bit of fire whiskey and butterbeer. She only had two small drinks but she was a light weight therefore she had needed Severus' help.

It was a somewhat big box and she opened it carefully. Inside was a sleek black telescope, her name engraved onto the side of it. She gasped, her astronomy geek side freaking out. This was the newest model and it was the one she desperately wanted since her old one was starting to wear down and not work as accurately. She smiled, picking it up and looking at it all over, examining it happily. This was a wonderful present and she was happy to have received it. There was also a little note attached of thanks from Severus, for the tea cup she got for him from Madam Puddifoot's from Hogsmeade.

After carefully looking at the telescope and testing out some of the features, Estelle decided to go to the Great Hall for breakfast. Today she was wearing a simple white turtle neck with a black skirt along with black leggings and to keep warm a floor length dark grey robe over top. She was also wearing her star and moon pendant given to her by her brother. Her hair was also up in her usual ponytail rather than her fancy bun from last night.

She happily went to her usual spot beside Severus, smiling cheerfully. Elio was already seated which was surprising, and he did not say a word or even glance at Estelle. Estelle was a bit hurt by this but tried to ignore it, not wanting anything to dampen her good mood. 

Estelle reached over slightly towards Severus, placing her hand on top of his knee gently. This surprised him, as he flinched, but other than that remained frozen and staring straight ahead.

"Thank you, for the present." She whispered, her hand still on top of his knee ever so slightly. She did it on purpose, just a little bit, smirking at the fact she had this way over him. Although, she knew to respect his bubble and wouldn't go over the line, this gentle gesture was enough.

He relaxed a little at this but still was a big rigid. Estelle quickly removed her hand so Elio wouldn't suddenly look over and catch her touching him.

"Would you like to come for tea tonight?" Severus quietly asked, that at first Estelle thought she imagined it. She turned towards him and found he was still staring out in front of him but he had slight flush over his pale and hard face. She grinned and nodded, scared she might be too loud and excited with her reply when her brother was right beside her.