Chapter 12 "Love."

I didn't have a single clue on how to be "intimate.", and of course the one person I could've learned about it from is who we're plotting against.

I sat awkwardly in front of Ares as he briefly explained what and how to be intimate. I just sat wide eyed like a puppy, my hands folded neatly in my lap.

"Did you get all of that?" Asked Ares. I simply stared, then shrugged.

He let out an annoyed sigh and stood up. "Here's the deal, I have to take a business trip soon and you can count on me being bloody upon my return. You're going to replace her and be the one who cleans me of my blood. Got it?" Explained Ares.

I slowly nodded, still uncomfortable and dazed. "Got it."

Ares smirked, "There's one more thing we need to go over..."

"L-like what?" I stammered.

His eyes blazed with humor and maybe even lust. "You do know intimacy includes kissing and touching right?"

A deep blush flushed over my cheeks and I quickly looked away, "Well yeah-" I started.

"You're inexperienced. Come here." He said gesturing me towards him.

I slowly pulled myself up from the marble bench I was sitting on and walked up to him, my head held down and eyes remaining on my feet.

I saw his hand slowly brush over my folded ones and clasp around them, he pulled my left hand into his and started running his fingers over the soft skin of my hand. I swallowed hard and finally my eyes met his dark ones. A wicked grin was plastered on his face.

Don't get me wrong, he was handsome with his tousled brown hair and deep brown eyes. His jaw was perfectly chiseled with light stubble and had a straight nose, Although there was a sense of roughness exuding around his fairly youthful looks... But I felt nervous and almost uncomfortable. I was inexperienced... in well... everything.

He must've read my expression because he brushed his thumb over my chin with assurance, "Don't be nervous. It's just touching. It's not like I'm going to fuck you." He cooed. As the curse left his mouth I felt my body immediately tense up. I've heard people refer to it as making love or simply sex. But the way he said made it sound so detached and barbaric.

"R-right." I breathed out, swallowing hard once more in attempt to calm myself.

His smiled turned from wicked to something more sincere, his hand let go of mine and wrapped around my waist. The last person to touch my waist was Hermes and that didn't turn out good...

In a split second his lips met mine with haste.

I gasped against him and started to feel my body freeze up in shock. I knew what this entailed, that I was seconds away from turning everything around me into ice. I mentally concentrated and tried to calm myself, forcing my powers back down. Don't freeze. Keep calm.

I regained control of my body and forced myself to melt into his kiss. He cradled his hand behind my neck and deepened the kiss.

I couldn't understand it. We were so close yet it wasn't uncomfortable. It felt like passion. Is this what intimacy felt like? The desire to be close to someone? Slowly my body adjusted and I no longer felt tense. My heart began to beat rapidly and goose bumps rose all over my skin.

His lips were rough as they moved hungrily against mine. It didn't feel like an act. It felt real. Was this really what had to be done in order to make Aphrodite jealous?

Next thing I knew, he used his spare hand to grope me and I let out a gasp. He tried to force his tongue in my mouth causing me shove him away with a yelp. As I did, a blast of coldness radiated off me causing him to flench against it. "I-I don't feel comfortable doing that." I stammered.