Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

— OAKLEY HALSTON—

— OAKLEY HALSTON—

I stare at my appearance in the full-length mirror in our room. The back dress clung to my curves in every way possible making me self conscious. I had always been reasonably toned due cheer and a very active friend group in high school yet I was never very confident in my appearance. At 5'3 I always battled with trying not to look like a little girl playing dress up in her older sister's clothes, it was also not helpful that I had a total baby face. I grabbed a black leather jacket from my wardrobe, placing it over my shoulders and stared in the mirror debating which was better.

With or without? I questioned

"Come on! You look great, now let's go." Taytum calls out to me standing by the door with her keys and phone in hand. She is dressed in a very revealing gold sparkly body con dress that reaches just a few inches below her butt and had covered herself body simmer.

She was literally the definition of extra.

"I'm coming," I tell her as I grab my phone and wallet from my desk a give one last look at myself in the mirror. 

I quickly follow Taytum as she leads us out the door. She immediately walks up to our Suitemate's door and knocks. I glance down at my apple watch hanging off my wrist. It was 9:05 pm, surely they hadn't already left. Clearing my thoughts I look up to see the door opening.

Both girls came walking out, dressed to the nines. Hazel was wearing a black mini skirt with an off the shoulder burgundy sweater, and six-inch black heels. Danielle, on the other hand, was dressed in a short, fitted, navy blue dress and a pair of white wedges.

"Awh you guys look great!" Danielle exclaims while Hazel nods in agreement. "The uber will be here in three minutes," she says looking down at her phone.

After making sure our doors were locked behind us we hurried down the hall towards the elevator. As we stood to wait for the elevator I used my phone screen to check my make up for the tenth time since applying it.

My heart felt like it was going to pound out my chest. Why did I agree to this again? I questioned myself

"We are going to have so much fun!" Danielle exclaimed as we loaded into the elevator. I get in and end up closest to the buttons, I press the one labeled with a 1 and the doors close.

Once outside we find our uber parked right out front. We all quickly pile in and head to the bar. I try to ease my brain as we ride but the ride itself was only a few minutes long and I am quickly pulled from my thoughts as the bar comes into view.