09

We only see each other at Weddings and Funerals

The Hargreeves tried their best at traditional funeral garb- but as family consisting of;

A monkey butler, a robot mom, a moon recluse, a famous movie star, a junkie, an old man in a boys body, a vigilante, a violinist, and an Artist-

They don't really do traditional that well.

But thats what Winnie loved about them. Even in a time of death, they don't forget their personality.

The Hargreeves filtered out into the courtyard, one after another.

Diego had Winnie tucked up besides Mom so she wouldn't get wet. (Winnie lost her umbrella to Klaus in a game of 'Rock Paper Scissors'. )

"Did something happen?" Mom asked. A sweet smile on her lips as she stared at all her children.

"Dad.. died." Allison told her. "Dont you remember?"

"Oh yes, of course." Mom said surely. Winnie shifted slightly on her feet, looking up at the woman holding her.

"Mom, are you ok?" Winnie asked.

"Yeah-" Diego cut in. "Yeah, shes fine. She just needs to rest. You know- recharge."

Diego looked at his girls with a soft smile. His little pun didn't get past Winnie so she was trying to suppress a smile. Mom was still holding Winnie tenderly, like a true mother-daughter relationship.

How could anyone say his Mother wasn't alive? If they could just see how she acted around Winnie- they would believe. Diego was sure of it.

Rain continued to pour down on the mourning family. Diegos and Luthers hair flattened against their skin, as they were the only two that were left without an umbrella.

Pogo walked his way up to the edge of the group drawing the attention if everyone. He nodded his head at Luther. "Whenever you are ready, dear boy."

Luther nodded shakily and uncapped the earn. Winnie felt her eyes gloss over with tears, as Luther flipped it over. But she wouldn't cry or else her family would worry.

Ash spilled out into a clump in the mud. They stared at the mound uncomfortably, all thinking along the same things.

That was Sir Reginald Hargreeves. A pile of Ash. That was what the man who raised them, was reduced to.

Klaus winced at the awkwardness of the situation. Vanya, Allison, Grace, and Five stared stoically at the ground.  Winnie breathed a shuttered breath and Diego smirked coyly at Luther.

"That probably would've been better with some wind." Luther said weakly.

Always the leader, but with no one to lead. He stood alone, and had no idea what to do. The irony was killing Diego.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked. His eyes glanced the crowd but none met his own. "Very well."

"In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that, I am forever in his debt. He was my Master... and my friend. I shall miss him very much." Pogo spoke sadly.

Quiet fell on all the Hargreeves, until little Winnie stepped forward.

"Dad took me out once." Winnie said softly. Mixed feelings of her family aside, Winnie still loved her father.

"I had broken most of the fingers in my hands, so he took me to get ice cream. He was so silly in that ice cream shop." Winnie giggled and sniffed.