16: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 16

Tonight was going to be fun, tonight I was going to listen Jett perform at the café and hang out with him and his friends afterwards. The only thing I had to do was get through the day… and of course, the day felt like it went on forever.

Before school Piper was gushing al about how Jay had went over to her house yesterday and apologized for ignoring her and letting her slip away, and he even asked her out on a real date, to which she graciously accepted.

Yea, I was happy for Piper, but I just wanted this school day to be over with so I could come home and relax before going out tonight. Also, Max’s girlfriend was coming over while I was in school so I was excited to come home and meet her.

However, fate had different plans…

Both of my morning teachers decided that they wouldn’t give us homework for the weekend as apparently, we had been working so hard for the last couple of weeks, we deserved a bit of a break. Great right? Wrong. Instead of giving us work to do both teachers stood at the front of the class and gave the class a lecture on a supposed ‘important lesson’. I was trying to copy the best notes I could but by the time each lecture was half way finished; I was zoning out just like the rest of the class.

At lunch Piper spent most of her time talking to Jay on the phone while Blake and I just sat there peacefully eating our lunches… well as peaceful as it could be with our other best friend talking her new boyfriend’s ear off.

Even English, which was usually not so boring as I had Jett there to keep me focused or entertain me, was boring as hell because we all had to work quietly on a surprise school board multiple choice test that took up most of the class.

I was currently slumped in my chair during last period, watching the clock until he bell rung. My anatomy teacher was currently talking about the importance of joints and what they do to help our bodies move but I couldn’t be bothered to listen to the end of his lecture as I was itching to get out of there since only 5 minutes of the school day remained.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

As I watched the clock it seemed to slow down; typical, just when you need time to speed up it slows down.

After an agonizing five minutes, the bell finally rang and everybody piled out of class. I was one fo the first ones to head out, having already packed up my things a couple of minutes ago and was on my way towards my locker.

Just like yesterday, as I was putting my books back into my locker, Jett came up beside me and leaned against the locker next to mine.