rules

I had just walked through the door and my mother stood there looking at me. I walked passed her but she grabs my arm and stops me.

"You see that stunt you pulled yesterday none of that in my house"

"Your house I'm the one paying for this apartment!" I yelled

I yanked my arm away from her and walked away.

I go to Jake and my room and see him drawing.

"Hey Jakey," I say cheerfully

"Sky," he says hugging

Before I could tell him anything else my phone beeps. Its a message from the unknown number

Unknown: hey Skylar its Jack save my number

So it was this bitch acting creepy

I put my phone down and looked down at Jake

"We're leaving okay so get all your clothes" I whispered

He starts packing and I help him along with packing my stuff into a duffle bag.

5 minutes later

"Ready?" I asked Jake and he nodded

We tried to sneak past mom but...

"Where are you going?!" She yelled

"Away from here"

"With my son?"

"You never acknowledge him, so...what son"

"I've had enough with your bullshit young lady...you are staying here and that's that!"

"No, we are not!"

"Yes you fucking are" and the next thing I knew she slapped me. I just looked at her one last time before storming out the door with Jake.

We had reached the end of the street and we were sitting on the sidewalk because Jake was tired and crying.

"Its ok buddy," I say to him as he hugs me tightly

I can't believe I'm doing this but we needed a place to stay

On-call

Me: Hey are you busy

Jack: no, why

Me: I need a place to stay...well we

Jack: what'd you mean by we

Me my little brother and I

Jack: I hired you not your brother

Me: please I'll explain later I'm at Jones St. In Harmony drive

Jack: uh fine be there in a few

End call

40 minutes later

A black jeep pulled up and it was Jack. I help Jake into the back and we were on our way to his house.

At Jack's house

This place was huge. I never expected something soo clean as this for someone like him. I thought he'd be a complete slob. He shows us around and then up to our room.

"You both stay in here","Skylar when you're done fixing up your brother come downstairs I have rules to put down" he demanded and walked out

"Who is he" Jake asked

"He's my boss"

I change Jake's clothes and leave him to rest. After that, I went down to the living room where I saw Jack sitting on the sofa on his phone. I sit across from him feeling that I'm a bit scared of him still. I would be lying if I said I wasn't.

"If you're here with mini you we need to have some rules", "rule #1 you cannot come out that room if Madison is here, #2 don't break anything, #3 no boys or boyfriends, #4 when I call you or ask you to do anything you do it"

"Ok" I simply say not wanting him to be mad with the questions I have

"Every night you'll be sleeping with me ok?","and tomorrow I'm taking you shopping" I nodded and then he let me leave to his room. I changed first and then went over to his. His room was quite beautiful but plain. It was an open area, with a huge bed, white walls and windows spreading across a wall. His theme color was white. I laid on his bed and looked up at the ceiling just thinking about what could happen. I didn't mind what I had to do because I needed the money for Jake. Not to mention I have to go to child services so I could talk to them about our situation and keeping Jake.

I engulfed myself in Jack's white blankets and inhaled his scent. My first impression of him was a cold scary one and I get the feeling that he hates me but for some reason, I can tell he's hiding something. That's why I'm here.

A few minutes later the door opened and Jack came in. He turns on the lights and skims through his walk-in closet. He comes out shirtless and in basketball shorts. I couldn't help but stare at his toned body. He seemed to have noticed because he smirked to himself. He hops into bed covering himself and into his sleep.

Only 30 seconds later his arms were around me and his head snuggled into the crook of my neck.