14

Cortezz
2 months later

"What's Poppin?" I said as I picked up my phone.

" Can you drop off Santana to me please?"

"Well hello to you to Myah you don't ever call to just check up on a nigga."

"I'm sorry bubba how you been?"

"Nah wynch don't try and be nice now but I'll drop off Santana later."

"Okay thanks love you tezzy."

"Love you too jerk."

Santana stayed with me for the weekend. Granny called me asking to to take her and I did with no hesitation.

I really worried for my brother. He told me him and Myah got into it a while back and he just hasn't been the same. I haven't seen him this down since we was kids. He won't let nobody near the house so going to see him wasn't an option.

Darrion dropped Santana over Granny's house a while back. He said something about not being mentally stable to take care of someone but he also said once his head is clear he would come pick her up.

"Tana Baby wanna go see ya mom's?"

"Yes." She replied

"Wanna listen to BoosieBadAzz?" She smiled and nodded.

I put my little gangsta on Snapchat. She was bopping her head and throwing up the blood gang sign. This was a proud uncle moment. Myahs going to be pissed. But shit that's what happens when you leave you child with me.

Once we pulled up to Myah's she came out the house looking like she was ready to fight.

"CORTEZZ WHY THE FUCK IS MY CHILD THROWING UP GANG SIGNS ALL OVER SNAPCHAT!" She yelled.

"Because she's a gangster... Duh."

"Tezz I'ma beat yo ass."

"Myah I'll throw yo little ass calm down and put my niece in the house." I spoke.

"Roll ya eyes all you want to." I said walking in the kitchen.

"But let me talk to you real quick once you get Tana settled."

My phone took my attention while Myah disappeared up stairs.

"What's on ya mind?" She asked sitting across from me.

"Have you talked to Darrion lately?"

"Nope. I miss him like crazy though."

"Why haven't you talked to him?"

"Remember that trip y'all took and none of y'all contacted any of us for three days straight?"

"Of course Ari cussed me out when we came back... Ari gave me some of the best pussy in my life that day too."

She smacked her lips while I laughed.

"Well it didn't sit right with me because if I don't answer my phone for an hour he goes and picks up a new hoe. Plus before y'all left he got in this big ass fight and I didn't know if he was okay or what. I refuse to be stressing over a nigga that can't even send out a simple text."

"I understand. But Myah you out of all people understand that if we had our phones during that trip we would probably be in jail right now." I said referring to Quanny.

"We was handling something so we could actually keep Santana in the family she has now."

"That doesn't even make-"

"Myah that man at the mall was a rapist, a women beater, a thief, a crackhead shit you name it. That man did all of those things to his sister.... Darrions mother. I don't know if he told you this but Darrion mom killed herself in front of him when he was little. It caused deep depression." I said cutting her off.

There was silence.

"It honestly doesn't make sense to me because Santana isn't on Darrions mom side she's on his dads side but somehow he got ahold of her.  She was in his custody for about five months and from her reaction to seeing him it wasn't a good five months and only Lord knows what he did to her. He was trying to intentionally hurt Darrion by getting to Tana."

"Myah you are the light in Darrions dark tunnel. I've never seen Darrion this happy. Shit I never heard him say more then 5 words before you came."

She started to tear up.

"I'll talk to him." She tried to say but her voice cracked.

"I'll keep Tana till tomorrow.... And next time y'all break up over some stupid shit I'm whooping the both of y'all. Why can't yall fuck and move past it like regular couples?"

"And my niece is not a damn blunt stop passing her around to the next person to watch her."

••••

Myah

After the talk with Tezz I took a shower, handled my hygiene and headed to Darrions house.

I still had a key and knew the password to his alarm system do it wasn't hard getting in.

It smells like something died once you walk into the living room.

"Darrion!" I called out for him.

The house was a mess every room was trashed but Santana's.

I heard music coming from the basement so I followed it.

Once I got closer the smell of weed hit my face. Darrion was sitting with his back facing the door so he didn't notice me yet.

Darrion

I was on my fifth blunt for today. My mind was just clouded.

I miss Myah and Santana like crazy. Myah is too stubborn to talk to a nigga. And im in no mental position to take care of somebody at the moment.

"Darrion?"

I started choking on air. I was coughing like I was about to have a asthma attack  My blunt was talking to me. And it sounded just like Myah.

She started patting my back as I continued to cough.

"Thank you." I said once I stopped.

"Can we talk?"

"Of course."

"Not here. Whatever you was smoking on the smell is making my stomach hurt."

I motioned for her to go upstairs. I just followed her until we reached her car.

"I don't like this." She spoke.

"I don't like being away from you. I miss you so much. And tezz told me today why you was gone for so long and why you didn't contact me. I'm sorry. He also told me why you was so upset when you seen your uncle at the mall. Darrion I love you so much but-"

I cut her off with a kiss. She was talking too much.

I'm so glad she feels the exact same way about me. I love Myah with everything in me.

I told her the back story with my mother and even told her I was once suicidal.

"Myah I love you so much it doesn't make sense. I don't ever want you mad at me again I felt horrible I couldn't even think straight. Your really my heart in human form. Honestly Myah if you wanted all my kids I would give them to you. Shit I'll even give you the world if you asked for it. "

This is really my forever.