Chapter 1

Nadia

You better not even think about canceling on me this week again. I read a message from my best friend Tia. I rolled my eyes before replying to her text. I did plan to cancel on her again just because I know her hidden agenda, but I still decided to go out tonight.

She replied instantly, Okay we will meet you there boo!! I rolled my eyes again, but I was smiling now. I love my best friend even when she works my nerves.

I did my hair, makeup, and then got dressed. I looked at myself in my big long mirror. "Okay now, bitch." Maybe tonight won't be so bad.

••

"Ooh, bitch, yasss!" my best friend Tia's dramatic ass yelled as I walked into their section of the bar. "That outfit is fire, boo! I love to see you outside of your work clothes. Spin for me." She grabbed my hand and I laughed doing a little spin for her.

I had on white pants that hugged me oh so right, a pale pink top that showed off a little belly, and a fire pair of heels. I didn't have anything special on, but it felt good to have my friend hype me, and I do have to admit it does feel good to not have work clothes on right now either.

"Thanks, Tia." I waved at Tia's husband. "Hey, Paul."

He nodded. "What's up? We finally got you out of the damn house."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm too old for this."

"You're twenty-nine, that is not old, bitch," Tia said back.

"Well you know what I mean," I said since she knows the club isn't really my scene. This is more of a once in a blue type thing and I can admit I usually have a good time.

Tony, a friend of Paul's, came up to me. "If it isn't the lady of the hour."

I placed a fake smile on my face. "Don't start with me today, Tony."

Tony has been trying to call himself getting at me since he first met me a few months back. Yet he always has a new chick on his arm even after he'll spend a good part of the night trying to get with me. Which is fine, I mean he has no obligation to me, but if you are going to continue to hoe around, give up trying to get with me already.

I leaned into Tia so I could speak to her over the music. "I am gonna choke you and Paul the fuck out."

I just came back from getting a drink and a different friend of Paul's came up to me introducing himself. I don't know what the hell Tia doesn't understand, but I don't want her trying to hook me up with anybody.

"Why?" Tia asks while giving me her famous sneaky smile.

I looked at Paul who just chuckled as he raised his hands. "Don't look at me. I keep telling her to leave you the hell alone."

"What? I'm just trying to help. I thought you could use a little spice in your life or your vajay," she said while raising her eyebrows up and down, making me laugh.

"You're so corny, but I love you," I said to her because I do, even when she tries to overdo it.

"Well if your friend isn't looking you can't force it," Paul said.