Chapter 9: The Friend of my Enemy is my Enemy

After Agent 3 and 8 had breakfast the two of them decided to practice using turf war.

"Alright (A/8), time to practice...what weapon are you gonna use this time?" 3 asked 8.

8 looked on her phone to see what weapons she had purchased and which ones she could buy. Seeing a Kensa Ocoto brush she tapped the purchase button and showed it to 3.

"Ocoto brush Huh? Geuss I'll go roller then" he said as he tapped on the basic rolled on his phone. Putting it in his pocket he walked toward the elevator. Standing in front of it he placed a hand behind his back and another gesturing to the elevator.

"Ladies first".

8 giggled slightly and stepped on, 3 following right after.

3 clicked the button to have the elevator go upwards and to the arena they went.

~Time Skip bright to you by a cute dancing Agent 4~

The final match of the day was almost over. 8 and 3 stood their ground on the field. 8 charged forward and made a path for 3 to follow.

They pushed the enemy into their base and and cornered them the best they could. Splat after splat, the duo couldn't be stopped.

The buzzer went off and the moment of truth was upon them. Lil' judd lifted his flag...

The other team had won somehow...

Someone had found a way around and covered their base in ink giving them the win by only 0.1.

This of course saddened 8, she wanted to win the last match with 3 so they could celebrate.

3 didn't let her disappointment go unnoticed. Grabbing her hand in his he took off to the elevator. This left 8 confused. What was he planning?

Once the two made it back to the ground level, 3 kept dragging 8 to a shop.

It was an ice cream shop. 8 was confused, she did see their loss correctly didn't she?

Looking at 3 confused he simple gestured for her to sit down. Doing as she was told she sat down. A few moments passed before 3 returned with two ice creams.

"Here" he said and smiled.

"Why? We lost didn't we?" 8 questioned in a hushed voice as always.

3 licked his icecream then spoke "This was for being able to hold the enemy back on our own. Even though we lost that doesn't mean we didn't do well".

8 smiled, 3 was right and besides...

There might not be much time for celebration later on...

8 took a licm of her ice cream and looked back at 3. He had a small bit in his cheek. Giggling she stood up and walked over to him. 3 gave her a confused look. 8 bent down and licked the ice cream off his cheek. 3 was a red mess and 8 was pretty sure the fumes coming from his head weren't normal.

8 giggled once more and 3 smiled. They were happy...

Then came the phone call...

Both their phones rang simultaneously. Picking up both said hello.

"Hey guys, we need you to head octo canyon. We got info on who we are dealing with" said agent 4.5

"Alright, should we bring weapons?" 3 asked.

"Yeah, especially with what happened last time" 4.5 said and hung up.

"Huff, geuss we'd better get going..." agent 3 said to 8.

8 nodded and the two went to get their weapons.

~Time skip~

8 and 3 were out of breath when they arrived at octo canyon. "Sorry we are late! We got caught up in traffic.." 3 yelled as he and 8 came to a halt.

Marie stood forward "are we all here now?" She asked 4.

"Yeah, I think so" 4 answered.

4.5 took a step forward "After a bit of digging around we found out more info on our attackers and the possible party who octonapped Marina".

4 stood next to him "Ends up that the Enimies we fought last time are the same ones from the deep sea metro".

"Not only that, but those shades are of Octavio's design" Marie finished.

"When exactly did he escape the snow globe?" 3 questioned.

Marie simply shrugged.

"Whatever the case, it seems that Tar Tar and Octavios are now allies" 4.5 announced.

"Didn't he explode though?"8 asked herself.

"What about Marina's position?" pearl pushed through the crowd.

"Marina is somewhere in the deep sea metro" 4.5 answered.

"That is only speculation though so we have no complete proof" 4 added on.

"So when do we move out?" 3 asked.

"Tommarow at nightfall, bring your best weapons" Marie spoke.

Afterwards everyone was dismissed and 8 and 3 were on their way home.

"Can't believe tar Tar is still alive..." 8 mumbled to herself.

"Well it can't be helped I geuss" 3 said as he stretched his arms behind his head.

8 glared at 3, but it way too cute to be menacing.

"We'll just beat both of them again, show em we don't mess around" 3 said with a pounding fist gesture.

"I hope so..." 8 mumbled once more.

3 stopped for a moment. 8 stopped a few steps ahead of him in confusion. Tilting her head she gave him a puzzling look.

3 walked up to 8 and did the unexpected.

He kissed her on the cheek and then kept walking with a grin on his face. 8 was flustered, her face beat red from the contact and suddenness.

"That's revenge for earlier!" 3 said and laughed. He then began running and 8 gave Chase.

Tonight would be the last night they'd share in such a happy manner.