Chapter 23

Katrin's POV

Kris and Andy had been living with us for about two months now, at first, it was weird having a kid running all over the place but then it also feels great hearing how Andy laughs at little things and how his cute giggles echo all throughout the house.

At first Kris and I was having an awkward sleeping situation, apparently, the only person she had shared a bed with is Andy, which makes me feel good because it only means she doesn't sleep around. She wanted to sleep on the couch or on the floor but I told her that would be ridiculous, we are married and normal married couples share the same bed.

It was uncomfortable at first, Kris would lay on the far end side of the bed but when morning comes we would wake up facing each other close. It's like whatever position we sleep in we will always end up together, in the beginning, we would split up immediately but as time goes by we just let ourselves be in gulp in each other's arms. 

I have also proved my assumption that Kris is, in fact, a very good cook, she would wake up early in the morning to jog around the garden and after she showers, she would make us breakfast and it is amazing! I never imagined myself eating a whole breakfast meal with my family, usually, I would just let Terry grab me a sandwich or breakfast bar on the go but now I have delicious foods prepared for me.

Kris still makes lunch for me but now she makes more, dad had also requested his own lunch box and even Terry. We usually eat at my office during lunch or when the weather is good we would eat at the park with Andy, it's actually good for the baby. Sometimes Andy would stay at his Nana for lunch to make up for their lost time.

Andy had also begun calling me mama or mom a month ago when I ask him why he actually cried. I ask him why is he crying? he said he got scared and so I told him I actually like being called mom but I want to know why. He later explained that his classmates had moms but he doesn't and he knows that I am his sibling's mother so that also means I am his mother. I shed a tear after he told me that, Kris also cried a bit when I told her and said he will talk to Andy but I told her it's not necessary because I love being called mom and I want to be Andy's mom.

Kris and I have been close also, we would cuddle in the living room watching anything and Andy and Dad would be on their fort. We also develop a routine wherein after we tuck in Andy to bed, yes we do it together because Andy requested and sometimes dad would join in when he's not busy, we would walk to our room and she would  make me sit on the couch and she would put her hand on my stomach and talk to the baby about her day and it feels good.

Kris had also accompanied me to my last two doctor's appointment and doesn't want me to correct that she is really my wife to the attending physician. According to her, it's best for us not to tell anyone about our relationship to not draw attention and negativity towards our family and life. I would have agreed to that but one staff at the clinic had been flirting with her and even give Kris her number! Kris had to talk me down or else I would have shouted to her that Kris is mine! although we haven't kiss yet.

Kris and I decided to just let things flow its own course but still not let anyone know we are married. I also have come to realize that Kris can absolutely do any job, my light once went off for no reason and instead of waiting for the maintenance crew she quickly fixed it herself and there was that time when she actually made a bench for me in the garden to sit on to soak some sunlight in, it actually became my favorite spot. 

Sundays had become our family day, we would go to Kris parent's house and enjoy Angela's cooking, together with Terry and Len who have fought for the number 1 aunt spot good thing our Andy bear came to the rescue and told them they're both number 1 to him. Things are finally moving into place. Christopher, Kris' father, and my dad would lounge around talking stuff and drinking beer. This my family now and I feel blessed.

I'm currently in my office looking at the huge wall windows and thinking how lucky am I to finally build a family. I didn't really think much about having one due to my work life and time, yet here I am 18 weeks pregnant and a mom to a 2-year-old boy who never fails to paint a smile on my face and of course a wife to a wonderful woman. Life is great.

"you look happy" Terry said entering my office

"that's because I am happy" I said to her smiling brightly.

"you really like her, don't you? when will you tell her" she ask

"Yes, I do but I don't think I would tell her just yet" I said sitting down

"and why prolong the wait?" Terry keeps on eyeing me while sitting on the chair in front of me.

"because I want to be sure she feels the same" I said picking up a document to read.

"Probably when you tell her you like her she would tell you the same"  Terry continued to push me.

"Maybe, but we have already talked about taking things slow" I answered with a sigh.

"you could always speed things up you know" she said with a smirk.

"I like what we have now, we are committed to us and our little family and I think that's enough for now" I said smiling softly.

"If you say so, where is Kris anyway?" Terry asks squinting her eyes together, Kris was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago with our food. What has taken her so long?

"She's probably held up again by Elizabeth" Terry answered her own question.

"Who the hell is Elizabeth and why would she stop Kris?" I ask a bit annoyed.

"Elizabeth is that slutty bitch that works at Human resource, I heard she have the hots for Kris and had been pushing herself to her" Terry explained making me angry! Kris is mine! She's married to me and have a child on the way! I swear I will kill that bitch!

"Kat, relax I know Kris will never act on Elizabeth's advances and maybe has been avoiding her before going here" Terry said trying to calm me.

"I swear I will--" I was cut off my rant by Kris entering my office with sweats all over and panting.

"what happened to you?" Terry ask.

"I-I was a-avoiding someone" she answered still panting. I went over he and wipe her sweats with paper towel.

"who are you avoiding?" I ask with concern.

"I- I a- a- no one" she said standing straight looking everywhere.

"no one or someone with the name Elizabeth" I said with one brow raise with a cold tone.

"ahm- a-a" she stuttered swallowing hard, I know I look scary but Im piss.

"I swear Kris if I ever hear that you are talking or even looking at that slut I will cut you permanently and then kill that bitch of yours" I said angrily making him look at me with wide eyes.

"Katrin" she started to say but I went back to my chair.

"Katrin, I will never and I mean ever look at any woman nor will I ever leave you for them. I'm committed to you and I want this, I want a family with you and a life with you and only you. And I promise to do everything in my power to avoid Elizabeth at all cost" she said kneeling in front of me while holding my hands. I melted by her sincerity making my heart jump.

"I'm sorry" I said in a whisper.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry for making you angry. I promise to be good" Kris said smiling at me making me smile back.

"Okay lovebirds if you two are done now, can we please eat? I'm starving!" Terry said startling us, I didn't know she stayed.

"Yap! here's the food, let's eat" she said opening the lunch boxes.

I know I overreacted but you can't blame me, Kris is a piece of work with her good looks and nice body even straight women fall for her. I'm just glad she's committed to me as I am to her and to our growing family...