56. denial

I pushed myself up even further, ignoring the pain that shot through my leg, "What do you mean he's killed people? Bellamy, what are you talking about?"

Bellamy, who was now standing, began pacing the room, "We thought the Grounders had you guys and we found this Grounder, took him to a bunker Clarke and Finn found a while back-"

"The art supply store." I whispered, vaguely remembering hearing Clarke and my brother speak about it.

Bellamy paused as he studied my worried face before continuing, "We asked him questions, and he didn't tell us anything-"

"Because they didn't have us!" I cut in, throwing my arms up.

He signed, "We know that now."

I shook my head, running my hands over my face, "Tell me what happened next?" I murmured through my finger tips.

"We didn't know what to do with him, we were all arguing and Finn just-" Bellamy stopped talking, just as he stopped pacing. His back was to me, but I could see that he was breathing heavily.

My eyes were stinging as I dropped my hands back to my sides, letting out a deep breath, "What did he do, Bellamy. Just tell me what my brother did."

Bellamy spun around, finally looking me in the eyes, "He shot him, Avery."

My heart plummeted as I kept my teary eyes on Bellamy. This was my brother, one of the most selfless people in the world, the person who wouldn't even think about picking up a gun let alone actually do it. And now here I was, hearing that that same boy had killed someone.

Bellamy made his way back over to me, sitting back down and slipping his hand into mine, "He truly thought the Grounders had you-we all did."

I nodded as a teary whisper escaped my lips, "I know."

It was less of the fact that he had actually killed someone and more about the fact that he was a different person. Killing people wasn't new for the group of us, hell we had barbecued I don't know how many Grounders, but it was new for Finn.

Bellamy shifted beside me, seemingly noticing the battle I was having inside my brain, "If you want to talk about it-"

I shook my head, causing him to stop, "I think I'm just going to try and rest, Abby told me I need it." I gave him a forced smile as I pulled my hand out of his warm hand. The minute I pulled it back towards my body it felt cold, I missed his touch.

Bellamy's face fell slightly as he straightened up and cleared his throat, "Yeah, okay. I'll get Octavia to come see you later?"

I nodded, shimmying further down the bed so I could lay down, "Thanks." I whispered as he moved towards the door.

I hated the way I was feeling. I was supposed to be happy, happy that I was back in camp, back with my friends. But all I could feel was dread and fear, dread because Finn wasn't here and fear that when he came back he wasn't going to be the same.

I didn't sleep like I told Bellamy I was going to, I couldn't. Instead I stared at the wall for an hour and tried to tune out the noises of the other patients until Octavia came in to see me.

I turned my head slightly as she sat down beside me, giving me a small smile. "Bell told you about Finn?" she questioned.

I nodded, my eyes now back on the wall where they had been for the last hour. "I get why he did it, but it still doesn't make it any less hard."

Octavia hummed in agreement, "We've all done things to keep the people we care about safe, Finn is no different. He thought you are Clarke were in danger and so he did what he thought was necessary."