Chapter 21

"John if I asked you to go out with me..
What would you sa—" Before I could finish the boy scurried out of the room. It's not like I said I was pregnant or anything, why is he acting like this? To say it didn't hurt would be a lie, it was as if he stabbed me before running away leaving me to die.

I heaved a sigh and frowned at where the boy exited. It's been a week since he told me about Toby although I pretty much knew everything about the spirit, firsthand. Ever since, he's been treating me weirdly and I didn't know if I hated it or was okay with it. He'd still smile when he seen me but when it came down to touching me, he'd quickly pull away and apologize before retreating.

We didn't even cuddle like we used to and I felt empty and cold at night from the loss of his arms. Did he stop liking me that quick? He said give him time, so I did. What the hell am I doing wrong? I just wanna shower him with my love and affection but he doesn't want it. I walked out the room as well and towards Fitz's, I was slightly surprised they still hadn't found out that it his him and Mini who damaged and set off the car alarms. "Fitz baby I need—!" I whined and opened the door to see a slightly disturbing yet cute sight.

"Hi." Fitz and Toby quickly parted before leaning in even more from there, what looks to be kissing, and I soon realized I messed up. Fitz glared at me while Toby only sighed and removed his hands from Fitz's and the boy visibly whines at the loss.

"I'm sorry I'll just.." I said attempting to back away slowly.

With a wave of his hand the spirit slowly shook his head. "It's okay we weren't doing anything." I watched as Fitz held his head down letting his loosely styled to hair fall on his face. I suddenly felt bad and bit my lip before getting ready to turn on my heels and walk away from the scene I disturbed. "No! Stay.."

Toby broke the silence and I turned back to the two. "No no it's fine, I have something to do anyway." I tried to reassure but the older only cocked a brow and shook his head again. "You're lying. Sit down and tell us why you came and what you need."

A blush formed when I remembered I came in and called him boy baby while him and Toby were getting ready to make imaginary babies. "Okay.." I said before looking at Fitz who gave me a sad smile and a nod.

"What thy want since thy came of talk to me about." My best friend said in a weird old accent and fixed his position on the bed to where he was laying back with his hands behind his head. Toby sat criss crossed beside the younger and stared at me as if he was about to fall asleep any second. "If it's about the birds and the bees, me and Toby could've showed you if you walked in at the right time."

I choked on air and tried to breathe while Toby perked up with his cheeks going pink. "No we weren't!" He shouted and hit Fitz's chest making him groan and let out an "Oof."

"No no no it's John!" I rushed and Fitz raised an eyebrow with a genuine confused expression on his face. "John wants to learn about that, why?" Again the spirit hit him and Fitz let out a groan at how strong the boy must be.

"Why are we friends?" I asked and facepalmed when he laughed.

"Because you love me~" Fitz sing-songed and I nodded in agreement because it was true no matter how many times I wished it wasn't. This hyper idiot is too much for my heart. "Damn Smii7y taking all of my hoes." I heard Toby say and again I choked. Fitz laughed louder and wrapped his arms around the the boy.

"I'm joking." He said without laughed making me wonder if he was serious or not. I hate to admit it but I'm kinda scared of the spirit. "But what's up with John now?" Toby sighed and I could tell he was getting tired of the boy.

"Well he's acting.. different.. towards me nowadays." I stuttered and studied their expressions, one was confused and one held boredom. "Ok...?" Fitz said and rested his head on Toby's shoulder which Toby did not allow and pushed him off causing Fitz to whine. Fitz tried again when Toby just let him be.