Chapter Eight

We sat in the Great hall that evening smirking to eachother, munching on our meals happily. It was only a matter of time before someone drank their drinks.
Looking around the hall I could see multiple people still covered in the paint from earlier, and a frustrated looking McGonagall at the head table. She had been doing counter curses all afternoon and she knew fully well how many students were left to help.
A shrill scream came from the Slytherin table as someone's head was replaced with a pumpkin. I started to snigger as the potion effects began to take place, watching as the whole hall eventually turned into a sea of orange. Lee was clutching his stomach, laughing to the point of tears. As I gazed around at our good work, I caught dumbledore's eyes and was sent a wink.

It was late the next morning, the team had just returned from quidditch practice, when all hell broke loose. Lee and I were sat on a window seat catching up on our potions essay when Ron let out a startling cry.
"OY!" Ron roared, seizing his bag as Crookshanks set four sets of claws deeply into it and began to tear ferociously "GET OFF YOU STUPID ANIMAL"
Ron tried to pull the cat away from the bag, but the cat clung on, spitting and slashing.
"Ron don't hurt him!" Hermione cried as Ron whirled the bag around, Crookshanks still clinging to the side of it whilst scabbers flew out of the top. I snorted, glancing at Lee who was gleefully chuckling at the crazy scene.
"CATCH THAT CAT!" Ron screamed as Crookshanks let go of the bag and darted after Scabbers.
George dived for the cat, missing and face planting the floor instead.
"Oh I've been injured" he wailed "I've been attacked by a ruddy tiger"
"Aw Georgie" I cooed, heaving him up from the ground "you poor poor soul. Do you need Lee to kiss it better?"
George played along, simpering woefully.
"I'm not kissing that" Lee refuses, disgust washing across his features "it's hideous"
"Hey!" Fred yelled from across the room "we're twins! If you insult his face you insult mine too!"
"I thought that was obvious" Lee said smirking.

Soon enough it was Halloween, which also marked the first Hogsmeade trip of the year.
"Cmon! We don't wanna miss the carriages!" I stressed, shovelling the breakfast on my plate into my mouth.
"Em I'm going around with someone else today" Lee stated cryptically "so you'll have to deal with the twins, I'm sorry"
"Oh" I replied, slightly disappointed "that's fine - right guys?"
"Yeah, but we've got -"
"To go to Zonkos -"
"And replenish our supplies -"
"We used most of them the -"
"Other day"
I nodded, before looking over to where my sister was sat.
"I'll be back in one second"

Quickly moving over to their part of the bench, I sat down next to Harry.
"What's up Golden Trio" I greeted with a smile - contrasting the gloomy atmosphere surrounding the group.
"Hey Emily" they greeted.
"Just wanted to make sure everyone knows where they're going in Hogsmeade. You need to leave pretty early or you miss the carriages" I warned, Hermione nodding in acknowledgement.
"And it sucks that we couldn't forge that signature for you Harry. But don't worry, the twins, Lee and I are trying to find a loophole. I can assure you that you'll be in Hogsmeade next trip"
Harry beamed at me, and I leant over and ruffled Hermione's hair before I left.

"I swear to god Fred if you keep dragging me around I'm going to hex you!" I shouted, trying to pry the ginger's grip on my wrist.
"Oh hush you're walking too slowly, I'm speeding it up"
"Hang on Freddie, what if we give her a piggy back instead?"
Both twins turned to look at me.
"Fine! I don't care who"
Fred allowed me to climb onto his back, having to crouch low to do so, shocking me at how high up I was. For a short girl of 5'3, the twins were a whole foot taller than me (something they always teased me about).
"How does it feel seeing the world from a normal height" George teased. Keeping one hand on Fred's shoulder to steady me, I flashed the middle finger to George, before hugging Fred again (to stay on of course).

The twins paraded me around zonkos for hours, picking out a handsome amount of prank products that would easily last us a few months.
"Finally" I groaned as we left the shop "can we get a butter beer now?"
"Fine"
With a sigh of relief, i directed Fred to the pub.
"Onward might steed!" I declared.