SIXTEEN

Gigi threw a rock at the Danger: Flying Rocks sign, watching it send the gate flying up

Gigi threw a rock at the Danger: Flying Rocks sign, watching it send the gate flying up. She smiled as they walked up the stairs.

Nothing had changed.

It was just as they'd left it months ago. The paintings of them on the wall, courtesy of Mal. The worn out couch. All of it seemed to only have collected a bit of dust.

But she felt like she was intruding. The air didn't hold the same aura it had before. She didn't feel like she belonged here. It was like she was looking in from the outside.

She wasn't supposed to be here. She didn't belong here. It didn't feel right anymore.

Her grin faltered, as she came to a stop, doing a full circle before sitting on the couch.

"This is the VKs old hideout huh?" Freddie said. "Thought it'd be more... just more than this. Guess not."

"You've never been here before?" Gigi asked.

"No." Freddie said. "Nobody has. Most people don't know where this is."

"Yes." CJ said. "But there isn't much here. It wouldn't matter anyway."

"Oh so now your gonna talk?" Freddie asked. "I thought you were done."

"I'm never done talking." CJ said. "You've been my friend this long Freddie. You should know this."

"I'm questioning why I've stuck around this long." Freddie said.

"Oh don't go starting things you won't finish." CJ said. "You could have left me a looong time ago. Yet your still here. You're one of the few people that have."

"I wonder why." Freddie said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey!" CJ said. "In my defense, I was too busy going on adventures to make proper friends. Some people are only my friend because of my dad like Sam."

"I thought you and Sam were 'partners in crime'?" Freddie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh yes." CJ said. "But I'm sure she wouldn't be my friend if it weren't for my dad. Though she'd friends with all of my siblings in her own way. More so than others."

"Is that your way of talking about your brother without saying his name?" Zevon asked, flipping down on the couch, causing Gigi to jump away. "Sorry Gigi."

Gigi pushed her hair over her shoulder.

"It's fine." Gigi said. "I'll go get the sleeping bags. They're in the back."

Gigi headed over, pulling back a curtain before hauling over four sleeping bags.

"I call the red one." CJ said, as she flopped down on it.

"I'll take the purple." Zevon shrugged.

"I'll take the blue," Freddie said as Gigi flopped onto her yellow one.

"You guys were so original with your colors." CJ said as she pulled back the tag on the sleeping bag. "This belonged to Carlos. Gross."

"This belonged to Mal." Zevon said. "Oh sweet Mal who didn't love me back."

"I'm your girlfriend idiot." CJ said, punching him in the shoulder.

"Love you CJ." Zevon said, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"This belonged to Evie." Freddie said. "A step up from both of yours."

"How so?" Zevon asked. "Mal was the leader of the group which makes hers better."

"I got nothing to back up mine." CJ shrugged.

"Evie's the only one that doesn't looked teardrop, like Gigi's."

"Fair point." Zevon said. "So what's the plan,"

"Plan?" Freddie asked. "Since when were we ones to make plans? I mean they never work anyway."

"Freddie need I remind you that my plan would've worked if it hadn't been for the VKs and the little Auradon brats," Zevon said.

"And I would've if it hadn't been for Malsy." CJ shrugged.

"Yes but you both failed." Freddie said. "If I had to remind you."

"You didn't." CJ huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Don't get all defensive." Gigi said. "Try the diplomatic approach."

"Like stabbing them to death?" CJ asked. "That's my diplomatic approach."

Gigi blinked.

"Diplomatic means talking to each other." Freddie said. "Oh Gigi she surprised you? Oh no we've been in Auradon too long."

"We have." CJ said. "But we still got wicked blood flowing through our brains, bar Gigi of course. No offense G."

"None taken." Gigi said.

She didn't have to be reminded that she wasn't a VK. Coming here had made her realize how much she'd changed. How much the revelation that Mother Gothel wasn't her mother. Time flew by fast. It had been nearly three months since the Coronation and she still hadn't found anything. Her parent didn't want to claim her for whatever reason.

"Oh you got her thinking about it again." Freddie said. "She almost forgot. She almost went a whole five minutes without thinking about who her mom was. That's an improvement G."

"Sorry." CJ said, placing a hand over her mouth. "I'll stop talking now. I swear."

"Yeah the day you stop talking, the world will end." Zevon said, as CJ shook her head not wanting to prove him right. "And you know it CJ."

"Oh don't get her talking again." Freddie said. "Let us appreciate the silence."

CJ opened her mouth before closing it again, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at them.

"Put the pout away CJ." Freddie said. "You know that it's true."

CJ rolled her eyes, resting her head on her knees.

"I don't like how she's looking at us." Gigi said. "Should we let her talk?"

"Well she will eventually." Freddie said. "Go on CJ you can talk."

"How rude of you." CJ said. "Tempting me to argue with you and prove you right. Well haha. No that's not what happened did it?"

"Okay." Zevon said. "But seriously what is our plan?"

"When we wake up in the morning." CJ said. "We'll pay Uma a visit and have a little chat. Then we go to Mother Gothel, question her. Then we go back to Auradon, easy."

"That's so easy." Freddie said. "Whatever. We'll go over it in the morning. Good night."

"Night." They chorused, before each of them fell asleep.

Gigi looked around, she found hard to sleep. She didn't belong here but she wanted answers and she wanted them now.