12. HOT-DOG. Who says two is equal to one.

Christian

An unknown sigh eludes my lips as I finally have my seat behind the desk in the study room. I ran a hand through my hair. I had to admit, she was a little much than I had expected. My anticipation, my entire belief was that she was going to avoid talking to me as much as I'm trying to do the same with her but with each passing moment, I could feel her presence getting under my skin, being a thorn in my life. An image of Emerson and Lucas flashes through my mind and I feel a little relieved. At least, they can finally believe I'm doing fine even though I'm really not. Eventually, someday, I will. I'll completely be over my feelings for Emerson and everything will fully be as they're supposed to be.

Halfway into my work, I began hearing a strange thumping. It causes me to furrow my brows as I listen attentively to where it might be coming from. Finally, I direct my gaze upwards, realising the loud music was coming from above. Who would dare play music so loud... Harieth.

With Immediate effect, I get up to my feet and hasten my steps out of the room. Once outside, I sighted a few houses helps to stick around with their eyes up wondering in curiosity what the sound was all about. As soon as I was sighted, they scurried away, back to where they came from. A loud sigh eludes my lips once more as I worry on how to deal with the young woman upstairs. Regardless of that, I made my way up the staircases and towards her room.

Once in front of her door, I knocked a few times but due to how loud the music was, she barely heard my knocks and so I turned the doorknob, pushed the door open and made my way in only to find her laying on her bed flat on her back, her eyes focused to the ceiling. She made no move as she had no idea of my presence yet. The constant beating of the music through the stereo infuriated me further and so I scan my eyes around the room for any sight of the loudspeaker she was presently making use of. Finally, I found the small rectangular shaped box laying on the dressing table. Quickly, I walk up to it then turn it off at once. Immediately, she looks down at me away from the ceiling before sitting up right away.

"How..." She attempted but I cut her off almost immediately.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" I questioned as I took a few steps closer to her bed. She stared at me with a funny look for a moment before looking away.

"I couldn't sleep." She admitted before shifting his eyes back to me. I gave a light scoff at her reply.

"You couldn't sleep so you decided to put others in the same position. In case you don't know, there's something called earphones. Make use of them and as for this..." I raise the speaker in my hand up to her view and watch as the expression on her face slowly turn sour.

"... I'm confiscating it for the night." I stated before turning away.

"You can't do that!" She exclaimed from behind but I couldn't care less so I walk right out of the room and slammed the door behind me.

The first day of her arrival and I could feel my life turnover already.

Harieth

I threw a pillow in the direction of the door hoping it would hit Christian but he slams the door and the pillow hits the door instead before falling to the ground. I pick another pillow beside me and scream my lungs out into it. I was mad. I was infuriated with Christian. He was treating me like a child who deserved scolding and reprimanding almost every moment. He was forgetting the one fact that I was a woman who is, in fact, his wife. I should be able to do as I please. I should be able to play my music as loud as I desire. He can't confiscate my stuff. No one has really ever done that to me.

I shook my head in regret. I should have spoken up. I should have said much more for him to realise his behaviour towards me was unheard. Why didn't I say much? That alone might have given him enough reason it was okay for him to do this. If I let him start treating me this way from the very first day, then this might as well go on for a while. I can't let that happen and so I rush down the bed and hasten my steps out of the room, down the stairs and after a few minutes of searching for where he might be, I finally found him in what seemed like a study room. The door was slightly open so I make my way in. It looked a lot like dad's.

For a moment, I just stared around until my eyes fell on him seated behind a huge wooden desk. He was staring directly at me without saying a word. I took in a deep breath, putting on my shield before taking steps towards him.

"Before you say anything, I just need to let you know something. I am not a child. I'm a grown woman who's now your wife so you can't walk into my room and cease whatever you feel like." I explained looking him straight in the eyes.

"Really?" He questions in an irritatingly calm manner. I hesitated for a moment before giving a good nod. A mocking scoff eludes his lips once more before he looks away from me, back to the work in front of him.

"Then act like one." He commented without looking up to me. I stared at him with much distaste. This man right here was really asking for it.

"You want to act like a jerk? Fine, then I'll act like a bitch. Don't say I didn't warn you." I told him before turning away and walking right out of the room.

I turned on the bed, unable to sleep. I shut my eyes a few times but as soon as an unwanted image comes rushing back to mind, I quickly open them. In frustration, I searched for my earphones and once settled, I inserted them into my ears and calmly waited as the music streamed down into my ears. Staring right at the unfamiliar room, regardless of the music now streaming in my ears, I could feel myself plunging into strange darkness. An uneasy and familiar feeling settled in. I didn't like it one bit so quickly, I unplug the earphones from my ears, pick up a pillow and make my way out of the room. I went all the way to his study room and surprisingly, he wasn't there. Perhaps, he had retired to his room. Quickly, I make my way back upstairs and towards the direction of his room.

Once in front, I placed a few knocks then waited patiently for a reply. No sooner than later, the door pulls open and Christian stood in front of me. In a sparse of a second, I put up a broad smile.

"Sorry to disturb you so late but I've got a favour to ask from you." I started in what seems like the voice of an angel. Well, I did say my nickname was a drama queen. Christian says nothing so I take his silence as a go-ahead order.

"Lovely. Can I sleep here tonight? Everywhere is quite new for me including my room and I'm having a little trouble sleeping so... if I could just spend the night here..."

"No." He replies almost right away causing the smile on my face to slowly disappear.

"No?" I repeat in disappointment. Well, I did the whole asking politely strategy and yet it didn't work.

"Isn't it too early for you to forget what this marriage actually stands for. It's just a business deal so in that case, go back to your room." He explained in a rather harsh tone before taking a step back then attempted to shut the door. Quickly, I placed my hand on it to stop him from what he was just about to do.

"What's that?" I asked staring at something behind him and once he took a look back, I weasel my way right in before he could figure out what I just did.

"God, I can't believe you fell for that cliché line," I admitted in much amusement much to his dismay as he turns away from the door and towards me.

"Harieth, get out." He ordered in a rather calm tone at first but with each step forward, I took one back.

"Just one night. One night and I promise it'll never happen again."

"No. Now leave." He ordered once more before making an attempt to grasp me but quickly, I run away, getting on his bed.

"Wow, so soft." I praised whilst bounce up and down a few times. I took a look at him and he had drawn to a stop, a scary look now portrayed on his face.

"That's enough Harieth. Get out this minute." He orders once more as he walks forward and attempts grasping onto me but this time, I rush off the bed, out of his reach, my pillow still grasped in my arms.

"It's just a night," I argued as he walks the other way to get to me and I sprang back on his bed. Suddenly, he comes to a halt and after what seemed like forever of staring at me loathly, he speaks up.

"Fine, then you can have the whole room to yourself." He ended before turning away. Immediately, I rush off the bed and take hold of his left hand. He turns to me.

"Don't go," I stated right away looking him straight in the eyes for him to know how serious I was. He stared back at me with something different in his eyes. Something... softer.