Chapter 26

DOUBLE UPATE TODAY!

This is going to be a chapter where I switch back and forth between Ryder's and Asher's P.O.V. So it is a Twin Alpha's P.O.V. chapter

*******************************

Ryder's P.O.V.

Asher and I race out of the office away from Jackson and towards our mate. I cannot believe that due to our stupid oversight. We knew how some women in the pack behaved towards us and we still left Ava alone. 

Our wolves were also yelling at us, not wanting to lose their, our mate again. We sped up, our urgency increasing.

What Ava didn't know when she chose to run is that her scent would stick out to us the most, especially since we had been apart for so long. Since her return, our senses have tripled when it comes to her.

When we arrived in the living room, there stood Alicia. Immediately, my wolf took control. To him, Alicia was no longer a pack member, but rather some wolf who nearly cost us our mate. I was now a helpless observer.

When she saw, Alicia stood up and sashayed towards us, "Sweeties, you are back! I am so happy to see you, Ry and Ash!"

Within a single breath, I or rather my wolf had her pinned to the wall by her throat, a move we preferred to use.

On my side, Asher threatened, "Listen to us this only time, if you talk to us again or even breathe the same air, we will kill you. You nearly cost my brother and I our mate. The only reason you will survive this is because we don't have the time to kill you."

Alicia still managed to choke out, "I a-am your m-mate!"

I growl at her, "You have never been, are not and will never be our mate. You could never satisfy us. Leave here with your life and leave us alone."

She nodded and I released her. We took off again leaving Alicia's crumpled figure. She had been a one night stand about seventeen years ago and thought she meant something to us. Even before we found our mate, she was nothing to us. 

Her intoxicating scent led us to the edge of our border, a lake actually. Then her scent disappeared. She must have gone into the water and stayed in the area to block the scent. 

I yelled out, "Ava, come out! We need to talk to you." 

No answer.

Asher and I started walking around. Soon enough, we reached a water fall. I took off my shirt and dived into the water. I knew that the water fall had a cave hidden behind it. Asher quickly followed which I could tell by the splash I heard.

I swam through the curtain of water to be greeted by a dark and damp cave. In the corner, I could faintly make out the shape of a body. My nose told me what my eyes could not.

It was Ava, my dearest mate, who right now is crying because of us, a fact which broke my heart a little more.

I called out, "Ava. . ."

Asher's P.O.V.

Ryder was calling out to our mate when I simply approached her silently. I kneeled down in front of her and wrapped my arms around when she didn't answer to Ryder.

Ava immediately started to struggle, "Leave me alone, cheaters!"

She hit but her heart wasn't in it. Ava quickly gave up and went limp in my arms. I brought her over to a brighter part of the cave where Ryder quickly joined us. I sat down, holding her to my lap while Ryder held her hand.

I whisper comforting things in her ears as Ava calmed down.

Ryder asked her, "Why did you run from us, love?"

Her tears returned, "You don't care about me, only about the power that I would bring you. You replaced me with Alicia."

I shush her, "Not at all, my princess. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Ever since you left us sixteen years back, we never thought not even touched another woman other than you. How could we if you consumed our every thought?"

Ava sniffled, "You are lying to me again. . ."

Ryder kissed her forehead, "Love, we could never lie to you. Our wolves yearn for you in every moment of the day. If-if you leave us, I don't think that Asher and I could survive that again."

That got her attention, "No, you guys aren't allowed to die!" her face was still hidden in my shirt.

I smile at her sadly, "Without you, our queen, by our side, what is there to live for?"

Ava clutched me closer. Even if she was currently mad at us, her wolf yearned for us too. It reassured me that there was a chance for us still.

Ryder told her, "Love, whatever Alicia told you is false. There is no else in the world for us but you."

Ava muttered, "But how can I trust that you won't betray me again?"

I rub her back, "If we ever betray you, we will die whether it be by our hands disgusted that we have sunk so low to have hurt you or by those who loved you too."

She yanks Ryder into our embrace too, "I love you two, but I am so scared of getting hurt."

Ryder kisses her on the lips, a light peck only, "We love you so much it hurts. We will of anything you want, anything we need to, to get you to stay with us."

Ava mumbled in response, "I want you never to hurt me again."

"Oh, love," muttered Ryder as he held her close. 

I ask her gently, "Will you come back with so?"

Ava retorted, "Will you hurt me again?"

Ryder lifted her into the air, "If we ever do, you can do to us whatever you deem fit."

She tells me, "I just don't want to get hurt."

I squeeze her hand, "I swear that we won't."

With that, Ryder left the cave again. I am relieved that Ava was staying with us and that Alicia's words did not have any lasting effects on our relationship. If they did, I would have killed her.

At least now, we have our beautiful mate back in our arms.

**********************

We are nearly done with a book! Only a couple more chapters left, I am really excited!