Chapter 6

One evening on patrol Ladybug and Chat Noir were sitting at the top of a building looking over the city, keeping an eye out for any danger.

"You look purr-fect tonight, M'Lady," Chat purred. He tried to touch her shoulder gently.

Ladybug flung his hand away. "Stop it!"

She seemed overly angry to Chat, but he wouldn't do anything to upset her. "I'm sorry Bugaboo. Just trying to entertain us while we are on the lookout."

Ladybug huffed. "First of all, stop with the nicknames. Second, we don't have to patrol together. So, I'm gonna check the North part of town, you can take the South if you want." She pulled out her yo-yo and was gone in an instant.

Chat's mouth was hanging open. What was going on with her recently?

- - -

Marinette was now four months along and her belly was getting bigger. She felt that she couldn't continue wearing looser shirts anymore without looking like she suddenly didn't know how to dress herself. The night before she had decided with Alya that she would start wearing her normal clothes or maternity clothes now and just let people notice that she is pregnant. She would take care of the pregnancy questions when they came.

When Marinette woke in the morning, she looked at the clock and jumped out of bed. She had half an hour to get ready and run to the school. She ran to her closet and picked out one of her favorite outfits from before her pregnancy. She jumped into her pink skinny jeans, slipped on her white shirt with floral patterns on one side, and grabbed her black blazer and pink flats as she ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

Once down the stairs she paused a couple seconds, panting, as she grabbed a croissant off the counter and slipped into her blazer and her shoes. She began her running again. "Bye Mama. Love you Mama."

Sabine grabbed her by the arm. "Don't work so hard. We don't want you hurting the baby." She wagged a finger at her daughter.

"But I'm gonna be late." Marinette's shoulders slumped.

"I don't care, young lady. You need to take care of this baby and yourself."

"Ok, Mama." She sighed.

Marinette headed off the school this time only speed walking. She quietly walked into class as Madame Bustier was taking roll. "Here," she said after hearing her name called. She gritted her teeth in an awkward smile, knowing she was about to be called out as she sat down next to her best friend.

"Marinette. Glad you could make it to class." Mme. Bustier reprimanded. "Please try to be on time in the future." She gave her student a gentle smile, letting Marinette know that she would not be allowed to get away with tardiness just because she was pregnant.

Most of the class was unfazed, used to this occurrence, but Chloe was glaring at Marinette, upset that she was not punished any more than that. Marinette shrugged and pulled out her things to get ready for her day of trying to take in as much learning as she could around her weak bladder sending her to the toilet nearly every class.

Alya whispered to her friend. "You look good girl. I haven't seen you in this little ensemble in forever."

"Thanks." Marinette said gratefully. "But I'm going to have to prepare for questions." She looked down at her hand on her protruding stomach.

"Let's begin class now." Mme. Bustier got everyone's attention. Alya squeezed Marinette's hand quickly then they tried to listen to the lesson.

After Mme. Bustier's class was over Marinette got up with the rest of the class to head to their next period. Alix, Myléne, Rose, and Juleka joined them for the walk. They started walking and then Alix suddenly paused. Everyone turned back to see what was wrong. Both Rose and Marinette asked, "Are you ok?"