forty four.

^ looks something like that

jungkook's pov

the following day i woke up bright and early, making it a mission to set up the proposal.

i felt bad for not informing taehyung's mother until thirty minutes ago, but i knew that she was more likely to spill the secret on accident.

of course, she cried and scolded me for making her the last person i told.

nonetheless she agreed to take taehyung out of the house all day so that i had the backyard to myself.

i had also informed all of our friends, whom happily agreed to help me arrange the decorations.

-

"jungkook im going to the city with my mommy. im sorry but she wants to spend the day with me." taehyung pouted sadly as he hugged me.

i faked a sad expression as i kissed his lips and told him it was alright.

i almost felt like a child, hiding their phone under the pillow until their parents turn off the lights and close the door, sprinting into action.

once he was gone, i texted the group chat, telling them that the coast was clear.

instantly i got the first reply from jimin.

'yoongi and i are zooming!'

-

"wow jungkook this looks amazing. i can't believe this is happening tonight." namjoon smiled as he patted my shoulder.

the sky was already beginning to darken making the fairy lights appear all that more magical.

"let me see the ring again!" jimin bounced up from his squatting position on the ground.

i smiled ecstatically as i showed jimin the beautiful ring i had gotten for taehyung.

"wow." jin gasped.

"im so excited." taehyung's father squealed from behind us, making us all laugh.

-

'we are 10 minutes away!' was what taehyung's mother texted me.

i had already had time to shower, and set up last minute decorations.

now all i had to do was wait.

the group was all sat in the living room, eating junk food.

instantly my stomach filled with butterflies as i inhaled sharply, suddenly unable to speak.

"t-they are 10 minutes away."

everybody suddenly scrambled to their feet, speaking over eachother.

"you stand there!"

"no we have to hide."

"jimin stop pushing!"

"guys! how about we all just shut the hell up and hide before taehyung actually gets here. doesn't matter where, just don't let him see you." i suggested, making everyone shut up.

"what he said!" hoseok cheered.

-

"jungkook? mommy wanted me to come in by myself? wait- why are all the lights off?" taehyung's small voice filled the empty house, unbeknownst to him, all of the guys were just a few feet away.

i was standing at the door that led to the backyard, waiting for him to find me.

i could hear his small footsteps as my breathing hitched.

and then i saw him.

he looked absolutely gorgeous.

i could hear the distant sound of 'perfect' by ed sheeran playing. one of taehyung's absolute favorites.

"jungkook? w-what's going on? why are you all dressed up?" he asked as he slowly approached me.

i didn't reply, only reached for his hand, instantly feeling him grab on.

i nervously opened the door, leading him out into the yard.

i looked back at him only to hear him gasp loudly, using his other hand to cover his mouth.

the fairy lights reflected beautifully in his eyes, i could see the water build up in them.

i led him over to the center of the decorations, where i planned to ask him.

"j-jungkook." i heard his voice crack.

we suddenly stopped, i turned to face him.

i smiled nervously at him, only to see tears streaming down his face like a river.

"you look beautiful." i whispered.

that only caused him to sob harder, shaking his head at me.

from the corner of my eye, i could see the guys peaking out from the door and the windows, wanting to get front row seats.

"taehyung," i paused,only to hear taehyung whine loudly as his sobs became louder.

"from the first moment that we met, i knew i wanted to be with you for the rest of my life. something inside of me was telling me not to give up on you. so i didn't. and when we finally confessed our feeling to eachother, i knew i would never let you go. these past two years have been the best years of my life. i love you so much taehyung.

will you marry me?" i kneeled down, opening the small black box.