LXX

With everything I won't let this go, these words are my heart and soul
I'll hold on to this moment you know, as I bleed my heart out to show
And I won't let go
~ Sum 41, With Me

"Album release will be in July and the Europe tour will begin in mid-September." I stare at the faces in front of me as the boys ramble off their schedule for the next few weeks. Since February the band has been practicing 12 hours a day, trying to find their tune with four members rather than finding someone to replace Scarlett.

With less than a month to The Vans Warped Tour, I have hardly seen any of the boys. The only time I saw Erik was when I slept over at his or he at mine and that was only when he was waking me up when he was crawling in bed.

I can only imagine what summer will be like.

"Are you going on tour with them?" Isla asks before taking a bite of her acai bowl that she had dragged me out of the house in desperate need for.

I think this girl hardly works by how much we are out during the week.

"As of right now, no. No one has asked me and I don't want to appear to be a clingy girlfriend and demand why I'm not on tour."

"Wouldn't be clingy if you dropped a hint," Isla smirks at me.

"Are you going then, little miss sneaky girlfriend?" I question.

"Haven't asked, I was waiting to see if you were going since you run their social media accounts."

"I think they are finding someone to take over after warped," I say before shoving a large scoop of frozen strawberries into my mouth.

"What! Why?" Isla exclaims, "I thought you loved working with the band and this was in the area of your degree."

"I never wanted to go into business or management type of stuff, it was always my parents. I've always wanted to write and now that I am doing that and selling books, I no longer think I need to continue to run their social media."

"Have you talked to Erik and the band? I know they love having you and you're one of the reasons they are even going to Warped Tour this year."

"I talked to the band and the record label, they all understand. With how well my book is doing and the publisher pushing me to start on my second one, I feel like I need to start focusing on my dreams now." I swirl the spoon around the bowl, waiting for one of Isla's witty remarks.

"I think that's fair, your book sold out quick within the first week it was on the shelves." My book titled The Fall of an Angel that I wrote in Dublin was released a day after Valentine's and sold out in a week. I hadn't even created an Instagram yet and I already had people asking when the next release was. "How did Erik take it?"

"He agreed that I need to focus on my dreams, but I think it was more so that I will help him write more songs and one of us will be less busy now. I think we both know it will be better for me to give up the job now that we are becoming more serious, speaking of which he should be outside. He wanted to do something with their only day off."

"I should get going too, Kyle wanted me to come over earlier but I told him I couldn't because of you." We say our goodbyes in front of the small restaurant before taking our separate paths, mine leading me towards the boy with leather, leaning against a motorcycle with a cigarette in hand.

"Hey beautiful, how was your brunch?" Erik kisses me on the cheek before stomping the cigarette out.

"It was good, she was asking about the book and my job with the band."

"I think Kyle is asking her to join us on tour this summer." Erik hands me my helmet before slipping his on.

"That will be good for them, a real relationship tester."

"Real good for her job." He smirks at me before turning the engine on, "promotion?"

I shake my head at him, of course, he would think Isla will be using their rising band to propel her in her career.

She would be stupid if she didn't.

I wonder if Erik will ask me to join them on tour.

I rest my head against Erik's back and close my eyes as we rush through the LA traffic.

"I hear seagulls." I murmur as we come to a complete stop.

"Were you sleeping?" Erik asks as he turns to look at me while I look up to see the beach in front of us.

"No, just resting my eyes."

"Right." He shakes his head at me and gets off the bike.

"You are comfy." I yawn as I stand up and place the helmet on the bike before following Erik down to the beach, "what are we doing here?"

"I just thought we could enjoy the sound of the waves, I know how much you enjoy them." I smile up at Erik as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"This is perfect." I follow Erik along the path and let him pick a spot for us to sit.

I lean my back against his chest as I rest my head on his shoulder, listening to the sound of the waves against the shore. A light breeze blows the loose strands from my braid.

Erik starts to hum softly as his arms encircle my waist and he leaves a kiss against my forehead.

"What are you singing?" I look up at Erik as he continues to hum the familiar beat.

"A song by Sum 41."

"Will you sing for me?"

"Every time I sing it is for you." He says before starting to hum again.

"I want you to know: with everything, I won't let this go / these words are my heart and soul / I'll hold on to this moment, you know / 'cause I'd bleed my heart out to show that I won't let go," I close my eyes as Erik sings into my ear, letting his voice surround me.

He has to have one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard.

"I like this song." I smile as he continues to sing to me.

"Thoughts read are spoken, forever in doubt / and pieces of memories fall to the ground / I know what I did, and so I won't let this go / 'cause it's true: I am nothing without you."

I lose myself in his voice like I used to do as a teenager when I first heard him.

I look up to see him already looking down at me with soft eyes and a small smile dancing on his lips.

He is breathtaking; he looks like the fallen angel that he's been made out to be.

"I want you to know: with everything, I won't let this go / these words are my heart and soul / I'll hold on to this moment, you know / 'cause I'd bleed my heart out to show that I won't let go."

These are the moments I love between us, these are the moments worth living for.

"I won't let go of this." And I trust him with that statement much like the song he sang to me, I know he would bleed his heart to show me that he won't let go.