chapter 09

an update bc i couldn't wait (:

wooyoung san

san's feelings where a mixture of anger, pain and a lot of disappointment.

there was sadness there, too, but it was more supressed. he fought the sadness, because he just couldn't handle any more. san felt like he was drowning, in betrayal, and in confirmation of what every logical instinct of his body had told him about jung wooyoung.

he felt betrayed because he thought wooyoung might be different from who he was made out to be; more than the rumours. some stupidly moral part of himself wanted to trust him, to give him a chance. but in the end, jung wooyoung turned out to be exactly who everyone said he was.

"are you okay?" the hesitant voice of so called brother snapped him back to reality.

"don't act like you care." san scoffed, keeping his eyes on the wrinkled white ceiling of the nurse's office that appeared to be in dire need of a paint job.

jongho's shoulders slumped in defeat, and something very close to shame reflected in his eyes. "don't be like, this san."

"like what, jongho? save yourself the effort of acting like you care. it isn't worth it."

"san, i'm your brother-"

"no. you're my half brother. it wasn't either of our faults my good for nothing pathetic excuse for a father did us all a favour and died. that my mom met your father. but what kind of a brother stands and watches while his brother gets punched?"

"san." jongho's soft guilty expression hardened. "i am your brother. in every sense of the word. blood doesn't matter. i love you like a brother, and i have for eight years, and that's never going to change. i will always be your brother. and i'm sorry."

san raised his eyes to the rigid figure standing over him, scanning his expression for a hint of authenticy. there was a lot of it. "apology accepted. i'm sorry for bringing up... the brother thing."

jongho sighed, sitting on the edge of the small infirmary bed. "it's okay. i didn't realise... that it bothered you. i've never thought about it, really."

san said nothing, waiting for the thoughtful boy to express what he never said before.

"i'll try harder, san. to protect you. i know i'm a dick, god, i know, but if anyone tries to hurt you again, i will not let them." he allowed a small smile, patting san's shoulder lightly in a gesture he figured was supposed to be brotherly. "i know it's hard for you, with everything you have going on up there. i know there's things from your childhood you've kept to yourself. i respect that. but if you ever want to talk..." he trailed off, looking at san doubtfully.

"don't push it." he shook his head slightly, but he relaxed, looking at his brother contently.

they sat on the bed together in an awkward silence, neither of them knowing what to say to make casual conversation of the infrequent sincerity just passed between the two. thankfully, they were saved by the loud intrusion of yeosang and felix, each looking worried.

"san!" felix exclaimed rushing over to his friend and beginning to check him over for injuries. "oh my god, he really hit you?"

"no, i'm just lying here for fun." san said flatly, but his eyes uncovered happiness upon seeing his friends.

"are you okay?" yeosang questioned, keeping a respectful distance from the bed due to a habit of the inability to display the affection he felt.

"yeah, i'm good. i'm going to kill wooyoung, though." he stated, sitting up in the bed easily as if to prove his point.