Choices

Lacey

The next day, I awoke to find Vincent not next to me. I looked at the clock, noticing the time. Vincent was at his meeting. Getting up from the bed, I looked around the room. It wasn't a luxury apartment or penthouse or even a fancy house, but it felt homey. For once, I felt like I was in an actual home and not passing through it. What is he doing to me?

Lying back down in the bed, all I could think about was the fact Joe was right. I fell hard for Vincent. I never felt this way about anyone, including Rafe. I thought I did, but in reality, I didn't.

Having never known how love felt, I had nothing to base my feelings on it. All I knew is when he was here; I didn't feel lonely. When he left, I missed him, even if it was only for a few hours each day.

I needed to stop this. The month would soon end, and then I would be alone once again. Vincent would never love someone like me because I'm an escort. The thought bothered me.

I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom, filling the tub, then climbing inside after it filled. I sat there; my thoughts ran. I remember working at one of my low-paying jobs and hearing a news report come on; the police found a man dead and alone. They mentioned that his name was Arthur Powell. I remember not feeling sadness or a sense of loss to hear my father died. It wasn't like he was a father, only someone that provided me with half of his DNA. Joe was more like a father to me than that sperm donor ever was.

I also thought about when I looked for my mother. I wanted to know why she abandoned me? Why did she leave a small child with a man like that? I could never find her. I wanted to know why? I wanted her to tell me why she left. I furrowed my brows at that. That was one reason I took precautions about pregnancy. Even if there was one time, it became a reality.

A client became a little too enthusiastic and didn't give me a chance to provide protection. I hadn't visited the doctor to refill my birth control. Instead of pulling out, he released inside of me. When I saw the doctor, she confirmed that the encounter resulted in pregnancy.

I hadn't even decided what I would do with it. I could never end a pregnancy, no matter what. I didn't think I could follow through with an adoption. At that point, I wanted to think about the situation and decide from there. I never got a choice.

The client found out about the pregnancy and a high profile married person. The client wanted the pregnancy handled. I refused until Carter stepped in. Refusing to allow her to decide for me, we argued. The next thing I knew, I awoke in the hospital, and they told me they ended the pregnancy. I sat there motionless, refusing to cry. Refusing to feel anything and show her, she won. My hatred for her grew that day.

I sat there as all these thoughts raced through my mind. I never had the choice of loving parents and never had the opportunity of becoming a loving parent. Our decisions took from us, so what did it matter?

"How long do you plan on staying in there?" His voice asked as it brought me back to reality.

I turned to see him next to me as he looked at me.

"I figure you could join me," I offered with a seductive look.

Vincent stood up and started removing his clothes until he's nude. He walked over to the bathroom cabinet and opened a drawer, pulling out two foil packets. Setting them on the tank lid of the toilet, he climbed into the tub opposite of me.

I watched as he reached for one, tearing it open, removing the contents. He rolled it onto his hardness that already formed. Moving from the spot I was in, I made my way over to him. I climbed onto his lap and lowered myself onto his hard dick until he nestled inside of me.