Chapter 23: Blindfolds

"A blindfold is not a barrier- it is a gateway to a different set of senses."

-Anonymous

Jungkook sighed heavily as he watched a disheveled Yoongi stomp across the hall angrily, his hazel eyes burning with a hidden fury.

The young servant was often called on at times like these. Times when everyone else was coincidentally "too busy" to take care of the young general's needs.

No one liked being around Yoongi when he was angry, that included the chestnut-haired boy before him.

"Another body." Yoongi mumbled to himself. "They never stop coming, it's one death after another. Anubis' worshipers are growing bolder by the day. "

Of course everyone in the palace had begun to hear rumors of what had happened that day in the throne room. Jungkook had even witnessed it. He could still smell the stench of rotting flesh as he remembered the gruesome display of death and decay.

It seemed as though everyone had begun to fall into a state of restlessness, constant displeasure and irritation filled the palace as the once secure place they knew slowly began to fall into a state of terror. No one was safe anymore and Jungkook knew that, which is why he tried not to judge Yoongi too harshly.

The raven-haired man had stayed up night after night, scouring the city, looking for any sign of Anubis' followers. He was sure that they were the ones behind all the death that plagued the city, and Jungkook was almost certain of it himself.

But night after night, they had managed to slip past Yoongi's fingers and that, of course, bothered him to absolutely no end. He had always got his man, whether is was a thief, a murderer or even an assassin. No one had ever outsmarted the young general....until now.

"I don't understand." Yoongi growled as Jungkook poured him another glass of the strong wine. "I did everything right. I was so close to capturing one of them, but then...the disappear without a trace."

The hazel-eyed man pinched the bridge of his nose, his eyes closing in frustration.

"I was sure I had them."

"Have you spoken to Y/n?"

Jungkook bit his tongue, scolding himself for speaking. He was not permitted to speak in the presence of someone above station, it was one of the many reasons he always got into so much trouble.

Yoongi's eyes snapped open, shooting over to the young servant.

"Y/n?" He inquired. "Why should I speak to Y/n about this?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, his head shaking.

"F-Forgive me. I should not have spoken without-"

Yoongi waved him off with his hand, his eyes still fixed onto him.

"Do not bore me with such tedious rules. I asked you a question."

Jungkook swallowed hard, his eyes darting around the room nervously as his licked his dry lips.

"She-She is a goddess, if Anubis is truly behind these murders then she may be able to lead you to him."

The general scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"That is a foolish idea." He stated bluntly. "I would not put her in harms way. Those people are heretics and murderers. They are probably eager to get their hands on someone as innocent and pure as she is."

Jungkook nodded slowly.

"I had not thought of it that way..."

Yoongi sighed, running a hand through his hair.