Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

— OAKLEY HALSTON —

— OAKLEY HALSTON —

My eyes remain locked with his and I become aware of the fact one of his arms is wrapped around me and his hand is pressed flat on the middle of my back, between my dress and leather jacket. I would be lying if I said my skin hadn't heated up due to his touch.

I had almost no experience with guys up until this point, let alone a grown man like the one before me. A few boys back in high school, but of course they never got past first base. So it was hard to understand why a girl like me an inexperienced, virgin Mary, only ever been kissed once - kind of girl felt a strong desire for the biker standing in front of me.

I break eye contact with him and move my eyes to the floor, my heart throbbing in my chest and my brain telling me to run. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

He held a hand up to signal me to stop.

"You already apologized." His voice was thick and manly. I could feel the butterflies going crazy in my stomach and my pulse sped up even more at the sound.

My God, he was easily the most attractive man I had ever seen. I wasn't typically attracted to guys with tattoos or beards. Yet he appeared to be cover in tattoos and had a very thick beard.

"Y-yes I know, I just..." His eyes are boring holes into my head as my own remain focused on the floor. I twisted my body slightly to ease the heat on my back.

Sensing my discomfort he drops his arm before muttering, "You gotta name?"

His gaze was intense and made me feel as if he was looking straight through me. Even though my heart was pounding and my head was swimming in alcohol, I still found myself wishing he'd put his hands back on me.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I must have blinked three times before he repeated himself in a more irritated voice. "I said, do you have a name?"

"Umm, Ummm"

'A name, my name, wait what's my name? Holy shit Oakley get it together. You know what your name is.'

Grasping for something as my heart pounded in my chest, distracting me, god why was he so hot?

He must say in the gym, with muscles like that - Oh my God stop, Oakley. My mind is going completely nuts and I finally gather words.

"O-Oakley" I forced out. "Sorry, My name is Oakley," I say finally meeting his bright green orbs.

He made a small noise in the back of this throat, that I could not interpret, and I glanced around for Danielle. I could feel my self panicking when I came up short.

"Don't you think you're a little young to be in a bar." His hard glaze remains on me making me only more nervous.

"Umm.."