Fourteen

A few days passed after Estelle and Elio's heated conversation, which they didn't resolve yet. Estelle was having trouble sleeping, her mind all over the place and feeling terrible about everything with her brother. She didn't approach him first since she did it last and she wanted to collect her thoughts still as well as give him some time to calm down himself. 

Her mind wasn't't completely filled up with her brother, the other half was concentrated on Severus. When she wasn't worrying about Elio, she was worrying and trying to figure out Severus. Since the interaction with her and Elio in Neville's office, Estelle was realizing that Severus had become a very important person to her in her life and her life was fully entwined with his. She knew that she could not be without his constant presence, his dark and knowing eyes, his gentle yet rough hands and everything else.

Over the last months being here at Hogwarts, her life has changed and Severus was a huge part of it even if many did not wish for this to happen. This troubled her, realizing that not just her brother Elio that many were surprised and were reluctant for her to get close to Severus. Many professors gave cautious looks whenever Estelle was near him, filled with worry and speculation. Estelle noticed every single time these piercing looks yet Severus seemed to have no clue or he just simply ignored them. She wasn't sure. Then there were the students. Always whispering, yet never in the presence of Severus, too afraid of getting caught. Estelle had only heard the soft whispers of the topic of her and Severus on a few occasions so it didn't bug her. 

Estelle had been so deep in thought, she didn't realize where she was for a second. She blinked, collecting her thoughts. She chuckled out loud when she realized where she was. She had walked straight to the dungeons and was standing in front of Severus' office. She shrugged, deciding to go in since she was here already. Once she walked in, the green flames of his fire illuminated the dark and gloomy office and it was a bit warmer in here than the halls. Although not that much warmer; she still had goosebumps on her arms. 

She immediately spotted Severus when she walked in. He was sitting at his desk, furiously scribbling something on parchment with a black quill. He was so deep in concentration he had not noticed Estelle walk in, conjure a chair and sat down in front of his desk. 

Estelle sat there for several minutes, watching him. He was so absorbed and focused, she couldn't tear her eyes away. His hair that usually curtained his face, was brushed behind his ears. Estelle had a strong urge to reach over and touch his hair. She smiled at the thought of even putting it up like she did with her own hair. She then watched his eyes, which darted across the parchment as he worked. She found herself lost in them, almost like they were endless pits and she was falling down them. She jumped a bit in surprise when after a minute or two, the endless darkness of his eyes were suddenly staring into her bright blue of hers.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice rough and demanding sounding from years of being of experience. 

She smiled, "I found myself here and wanted to see you." her cheeks heated up at her own words, though she remained smiling. He rolled his eyes, though the features on his face seemed to warm up. 

"You couldn't go find yourself with your brother right now?" He questioned, his way of asking if she did go and speak with her brother like she said just a few days ago. He didn't want to outright ask so he instead responded that way. 

"Not right now, but we did have....a discussion a few days ago." She told him, her nose scrunching up from just thinking back to what had happened. She sighed, still upset over it. Severus noticed her nose scrunch up and the way she seemed reluctant to answer.

"Another squabble?" He smirked, finding it somewhat amusing that the two were fighting since Estelle was such a cheery person. He could not imagine her get so angry.