stay.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

kaycee's vision blurred as the pain increased intensely taking over every thought in mind.

the cold tile hugged her body as she laid there, almost lifeless. she heard cries and yells as people began to run up to her, kneeling next to her.

the only face she could pick out from the sea of people was her best friends, sean. tears filled his puffy eyes as he ran his fingers through kaycee's natural waves, trying to get her to stay conscious. "someone call a medic!" were the last words she heard before kaycee's eyes began to shut, and all the screaming had turned into the nagging of a machine.

kaycee's eyes fluttered open as she adjusted to the lights and she began to scan the room. "where am i?" she asked as she tried to pull herself up, but ended up getting tangled in her IV.

sean jolted in his seat and immediately ran up to her, "kayc, you're okay. you're okay."

"sean, what happened? why am i in the hospital?" kaycee asked as questions filled her head.

"kaycee, we were rehearsing our choreography for our second chance at world of dance, and i dropped you during a trick we just added." he said as a single tear fell off his cheek onto her hospital gown.

"i'm so sorry, kayc. we can't even compete now and it's going to take a couple months before you can start dancing again and it's all my fault."

"how long is recovery?" she asked sean.

"five months." he said as he engulfed a sob. "i did this to you. this is all my fault and i will never forgive myself. i should've known better, i should've known the risk and not gone through with the trick. i'm so stupid, i don't deserve to be your partner. you should get a partner that won't hurt you like gab- "

"sean lew. it was not your fault. i'm not mad at you, okay. i knew the risks coming into it and that's something i've committed to. you're the most amazing partner anybody could have, i wouldn't trade you for any one else." kaycee said as her fingers traced the side of his face.

" yeah it's gonna suck that i can't dance, but it's okay, because i know you're going to be by my side through it all." kaycee affirmed as she waved her hand for him to lay next to her.

sean carefully slipped into the hospital bed beside kaycee, careful not to move her fractured leg.

a smile lit up her face as her best friend wrapped his arm around her shoulder, gently playing with the curls that bounced from her hair.

kaycee's brown locks of curls twirled around sean's finger as she began to dose off. her eyes got heavy and her head slowly moved onto his chest.

sean wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer as soft snores escaped her mouth. he chuckled as he untangled himself from her grasp, slowly slipping off the bed.

he grabbed his dance bag, full of clothes incase he was staying the night, which he was, and was ready to walk out the door, until he heard a soft whisper, "sean."

he quickly spun around to the small figure sitting up in the hospital bed. "kaycee." he whispered, "lay back down, im just going to go sleep in the waiting room."

"sean, please stay- stay with me." kaycee murmured as her eyes sparked with something he couldn't quite put his finger on. "okay." sean said as he put down his bag and crawled under the sheets next to kaycee.

"thank you, shamu." kaycee whispered as she laced his fingers with hers.

"for what?" sean asked.

"for staying with me."

—-
this is EXTREMELY short but i thought it was just so short and sweet there wasn't much i felt like i could add. ily guys so much! 💓💘💘💕💕💘💓
- kami