❥ Chapter 52.

personal A/N
i'm so sorry about this chapter, it's far from my best and i want to provide the best for you guys. you've all helped me through so much on a daily basis without knowing and i feel like i'm disappointing you. i feel like a failure with this chapter. i'm sorry. i'm experiencing some writers block and i'm trying to work through it.

i've added a self love quote because i want you all to know that you're beautiful, strong and everything will be okay. i love you guys more than you know.

"It's a girl" The woman smiles down. "A girl?" A tear rolls down Ellie's cheek. I squeeze her hand.

I replay the memory in my head as I get ready for work. We've been back from Majorca a while now, I successfully got my job after my job interview. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I've already had a couple shifts but I still get a rattling tummy ache when I prepare to go in.

I really like the people I work with, so far I've made friends with a girl called Lolly - she goes by Loz for short - and a boy called Reese who has dark toned skin and a mop of curly hair. They've all been so welcoming and the most important thing is, I love my job so far!

Some days I'm stocking up the gift shop or wondering around the gallery to make sure everything is okay. The visitors are so lovely as well, so intrigued about the art and what I've to say about them. I'm technically not allowed to give a little talk about the paintings to people but I just know so much information about them I find it really hard not to. By the time I'm finished telling everyone about the painting I've gathered a crowd of impressed looking people.

My phone buzzes, It's Ellie. I smile, she's sending me pictures of anything pink and baby related. She's so happy she's having a little girl, I think she would of been happy with both but her mom always wanted a little girl as a grandchild so I think It's quite special to her.

She told Nathan but he wasn't interested, I told Issac - out of habit because I tell him everything - and he seemed happy for her, I'm so happy they're getting on now.

I grab my bag and go downstairs. "Darc, ready for your first driving lesson tomorrow?" Joseph winks from behind his mug of tea. "With you as my teacher? No" Me and mom share a laugh - she's flicking through a magazine at the kitchen table.

"It won't just be me" He chuckles almost evilly, "Dad will be there too" He laughs properly now. I mentally face palm, this isn't going to go well.

"Lord give me strength" I close my eye mumbling a quick pray, I'm not religious but I'm hoping someone up there will do me a favour. "Can you drop me at work please?" I eye him, he laughs and picks up his keys.

I arrive at work in one piece, surprisingly. Joseph drives like an absolute maniac. "Hi Darcy" Lolly smiles. I enter the staff room and hang my stuff up. "Hi Loz, you okay?" I walk over to the fridge.

"Yeah, I have stumbled upon writers block and don't know what to do" She sits at the round table, chin in palm. "What are you writing about?" I say with my head half in the fridge trying to find a space.

"Love, I'm in love with love" She sighs. I squeeze my pack lunch in next to Tati's - another woman who works here. "Have you ever been in love?" I emerge from the fridge and sit opposite her. I check the time, I'm ten minutes early.

"No" She frowns even more. "I had one boyfriend but it wasn't love" Her eyes shy away, shrugging.

"It might be hard to write about something you've never experienced? Who else have you been in love with aside from a relationship?" I lean on the table. I see her mind go into thinking mode. "I had a dog once" She mumbles.