Ganondorf and Link.

Epona knew the meaning of haste, she had traveled with Link all her life and she knew that when he was scared, things were bad. Aspen would have just slowed them down so he was left behind. They dropped all of Epona's saddle bags as well, they needed speed. Rain came down heavy and hard.

Link was behind Zelda, one of his arms was around her waist, keeping her close to him and his hand holding the reigns. His other arms was held out, holding the Mastersword, ready for anything.

Epona making good time, they were nearing the castle. They were in the middle of the the forest when Epona reared up on her back legs in fright. Both Link and Zelda fell backwards into the mud. Epona bolted off into the forest without the two, too spooked to turn back.

Link knew Epona wasn't usually scared, he jumped up, the Mastersword at the ready. Zelda got up from the mud and looked around frantically.

"Not you again!" A voice hissed from the shadows.

Link snapped his head around and he saw it come out of the trees before it ran off again. Link ran after it, the Mastersword raised. The figure was made up of the same gruesome matter that made up the dark purple clouds. It was Ganondalf, or whatever had become of him...

"Run, Zelda!" He cried as his footfalls became distant.

Zelda was in shock. She had to get to Link! She had to save him somehow!

She was running, her dress was ripped and billowing behind her. She couldn't stop to pick it up and continue, she had to keep going!

The low tree branches nicked at her face and scrapped at what was left of her dress. She couldn't stop. She had to get to him.

She was finally out of the thick undergrowth, but she still couldn't see him! She tried to call out his name but the sound was muffled by the sound of lighting. She screamed again, at the top of her lungs but her throat was so hoarse that only a small squeak escaped her lips.

Where is he, where is he? Then she heard that familiar clang of metal. Her head whipped round, letting her hair fly into her eyes. All she could see was a small blue blur in the distance, and a similar blur, but that one in black.

Oh no... This was what she had seen in her nightmares! No! This couldn't be what she had seen! In her nightmares, Link died! No!

Link saw Zelda come out from the trees, and that was all he needed. This body that Ganondalf had created, wasn't his actual form, he was supposed to be this mass, circling above the castle. This body wasn't strong enough yet.

When Link saw Zelda, he slashed down with the Mastersword, cutting straight through the thing's arm. The creature of purple mass howled like an animal. He held up his other arm, which grew into another blade.

Link chopped down again, this time, ripping the blade off by the shoulder. Link didn't stop there, when the thing doubled back to wild it's wound and scream, Link kicked it to the ground. He took his chance and jumped into the air, bringing the Mastersword down into it's chest. It howled again, this time, it didn't come from the body. It came from the circling rage that was laying waste to Hyrule Castle.

They saw it overhead. The Beast roared in pain and it sent bursts of purple mass out in every direction. They did not know this at the time, but Link and Zelda were looking at the beginning of the end of Hyrule.