Chapter Twelve

"Today we will be learning the Revulsion Jinx. Can anybody tell me what that is?"
I stuck my hand up in the air, winking at Lee who rolled his eyes.
"Yes Miss Granger"
"It's a spell that forces an object or a person to release its hold on something, or repels objects with the force of another object"
"Five points to Gryffindor, well done Emily".
Fred elbowed my side, causing me to hiss in pain and whip around.
"Yes?" I whispered
"We should use that in Filch's office. Imagine the stuff that would come flying out of those chained draws" he said excitedly, almost jumping up and down. I giggled and shook my head.
"Pay attention then" I chided, turning back to the front.
"Okay so this spell is relatively simple, but is an essential to know. Now without wands first please, repeat after me. Releashio"
The class echoed the incantation, making Lupin smile.
"Yes almost, Weasley it's re•lash•io not re•leash•io okay?"
"Sorry" Fred muttered, ears tinted red.
"Okay so the hand movement is extremely simple, you simply point it at your target. For example"
The professor turned around and pointed his wand at a box with chains covering it.
"Releashio"
A bright purple light emitted from his wand, hitting the chains, and immediately unlocking the box. A light round of applause came from the students.
"Okay let's have a few of you come up here and try. Mr Bones?"
I let out a small whoop as Conor stepped up to the box, now with chains reattached, and he sent me a quick smile.
"Releashio!" He said calmly, pointing at the box.
"Excellent, 5 points to Hufflepuff"
"Miss Granger you seem eager"
I laughed as I stepped up to the box, Fred wolf whistling as I went up. Sending him a steady glare, the rest of class laughed as I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Releashio"
"Great job, another 5 points to Gryffindor"
I gave a quick bow before I went back into the crowd of classmates.

"So that was a fun one" Lee laughed as we left the classroom "what was that whistling about Fred?"
The tips of the Weasley's ears went red again, making me smirk.
"Thought I could distract her before she did her spell" he argued unconvincingly
"Sureeee" George tutted, shaking his head at his twin.

The next Hogsmeade visit was fast approaching, and we still hadn't figured out a way to get Harry into Hogsmeade. I sat brainstorming ideas in the common room, when George came skipping up to me.
"We give him the map!" He said, as if it wa the most obvious answer in the world.
Groaning, I facepalmed and lay face first on the sofa.
"Why did it take us so long to think of that" I groaned into the pillow "that's the easiest option ever"
"I'll be sad to see it go though" George sighed woefully "served us well that map has"
"I'm sure we could make another one"
"Bet"
"Okay 5 galleons say I can find a charm to do this before the end of the Quidditch season"
"You're on - and I'm about to be 5 galleons richer"
I leapt up from the sofa and rushed out of the portrait hole.
"Hey where's she going?" Fred asked, walking over
"The library - shes trying to win an impossible bet"
"I wouldn't put it past her to find a way out of whatever that is"
"Oh shut up and ask her out already"
That earnt George a smack from Fred.

"Hello, I would like to ask to take these out of the library?"
Madam Pince narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously.
"What books?"
"Charms grade 5-7 as well as rare charms of the late 1950s"
"For what reason?"
"Charms extra credit ma'am. The rare charms is just for a bit of light reading. This is my O.W.L. year of course"
After some further intense glaring, she checked out the books and I left with a smile on my face. I returned to the common room full of determination.

I hustled back inside of the common room, bustling towards a window seat. Laying the books out in front of me, I started with the 'Sixth Year Potions' book. My tongue was slightly stuck out as I flipped through the pages, dead set on beating George in this bet.
"Hey midget, what you got there"
I rolled my eyes at Lee, before turning my full attention back to the book.
Lee slightly chuckled, walking back over to the twins.
"I think you've finally done it," Lee said "you broke her"
"I didn't break her! Look, watch this"
I heard footsteps approaching me, and George suddenly stuck his head in my face "rumour has it, Johnson was bitching about you. She said that you'd never be as good as Hermione"
Now this had struck a nerve.
I whipped my head around dramatically.
"Where is she"

Scanning the room, my eyes locked onto their target. She was sat laughing with the girls from her dormitory. I leapt out of my seat, still clutching my book, and took angry strides towards the chaser. Before I could get any further, Fred grabbed my waist and pulled me back, not letting me get near her.
"Frederick Fabian Weasley you let me go right this instance!" I growled, trying to struggle out of his hold.
"George was only kidding - he wanted to prove he hadn't broken you"
"Sure Weasley, defend your girlfriend. But just you wait. I'll get her tonight - you can't go up to the girls dormitories"
"Girlfriend?" Fred repeated confused.
I gave him a glare, before wiggling our of his arms and back over to my seat. In a huff, I sat back down and went right back to reading.

"Nah shes definitely broken" Lee whistled.