wyatt is just a hater (8)

your pov
i breathed in and out, heavily. i would be meeting jack today. my mother of course was okay with it, but i had lied and told her he was a friend from school. oops. nonetheless, she said she'd be okay with driving me to the beach where we would meet up. the entire time i kept thinking to myself, am i actually doing this?  there was no way the actual jack dylan grazer wanted to meet up with me. he's famous and i'm just... me.

while on the drive to the beach, i kept fiddling with the hem of my shorts to try and keep my anxiety level low. my mom noticed, and cleared her throat. "so y/n, you must really like this boy, huh?" 

she caught me so off guard that i almost choked. "w-what?"

"listen y/n, i know you better than anyone. whenever you're nervous, you mess with the hems of your clothes. why are you so nervous?" she asked. she did sound a little concerned, but i didn't want to worry her. 

"uh, y-yeah. i like this boy a lot and i don't want to mess up my little 'hangout' with him, y'know?" i covered up. i wasn't completely lying, i'm extremely nervous to hang out with jack. he's cute, funny and might i mention kinda sorta a little bit famous. 

"well if you like him so much, why don't i meet his mom?"

i knew she wasn't gonna take no for an answer, so i just plastered on a fake smile and nodded while internally screaming.

time skip to when u get out of a car bc ms grace the author is lazy

i hopped out of the car and patiently waited for my mom.

i'm not allowed to run away from the car because when i was younger, i did that and almost got kidnapped. fun story if you ask me.

when we got to the beach, we found a bench near where jack and i said we would meet up, and we sat down. when we did, i said, "sorry mom, can i just check where he is for a second?" she nodded and i immediately texted the group chat. (we had made a new one without finn and had yet to add him, because we only made up a couple days ago, and i had changed some names) 

[the name changes are:

jack aka jack→bubba!

jarden;-(→bambi<3

jere → ibu (ibu is mother in malay, and since jeremy is like the mom, i chose that. in the future, people will call him bubu and you'll know why)

choesen→ cookie:)))

sophiiiiia→#1 chica

wyeet→dimples

nic;):) → parasite

finn stays the same, because reader was mad at him] 

y/n is still cooler than stinky wyatt

y/nnie, bubba!, bambi<3, ibu, cookie:))), #1 chica, dimples and parasite

y/nnie

jack r u here yet

bubba!

yes ma'am

ibu

u guys are meeting up already? anna ou-

bambi<3