Chapter Thirteen

Madam Pomfrey kept Harry in over the weekend to make sure he was alright. Sunday morning, the Gryffindor team decided to visit him and try to lift his spirits. Oliver, who had been in a strop since the match, almost refused to go - but after I threatened him with non-stop pranking up until the day he left, he got over himself and decided to come.
Alicia managed to get him to tell Harry that he didn't blame him, knowing that was lying heavily on the young boy's mind.
"It wasn't your fault at all Harry, don't worry" Oliver had said in a despondent voice, earning a sharp elbow to the stomach from Bell.
"We brought you some things but it looks as though your fan club came through with the presents" I laughed, pointing at the gifts that enclosed his bed.
Fred and George added some snacks from the kitchens to Harry's bedside table with a wink.

"What was that Wood? He's just a kid - he got injured - it's not like he missed on purpose!"
Oliver crossed his arms like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
"Oh come on! If you're going to play professionally get used to losing! No one wins all the time. What you need to do is get your head out of your ass and start your crazy planning! You can't lose your other matches - so get to work you Scottish piece of shit!"
I calmed myself down, still feeling slightly angry at how Oliver was handling the loss.

I may have gone too far

I may have gone too far. Oliver just sat on the sofa blinking, before his confident smile started to make its way back on to his face.
"Of course!" He cried "Everyone in the quidditch team - pitch now!"
The twins glared at me, betrayal in their eyes. They had been enjoying the break from Oliver's crazy ways, actually managing to lie in on weekends. With a cheeky wink, I ran up the girls stairs before they could attack me.

With the Christmas half term fast approaching, so was the next Hogsmeade weekend. The twins and I had already run through our prank stash from last time, only 2 dungbombs remained, but before we went we decided to help Harry out.
"Psst - Harry!" Fred whisper-yelled, getting his attention. The three of them were hiding behind a one eyed statue - Lee had gone to town with his lady friend again - and frantically gesturing him over.
"What are you doing here?" Harry asked curiously "How come you're not going to Hogsmeade?"
"We've come to give you a bit of Christmas cheer before we go" George grinned "come in here"
The lead Harry into an empty classroom next to the statue. George closed the door, beaming, and turning to look at Harry.
"Early Christmas present for you Harry" I smiled, handing him the map.
"What's that supposed to be?" He asked.
"That Harry, is the secret to our success" George said, patting the parchment fondly.
"It's a wrench giving it to you, but Emily convinced us that your needs are greater than ours"
"Not to mention she'd kill us if we said no"
"Besides!" I said, massively cutting in "we know all these passages off by heart"
"We bequeath it to you" George said, majestically handing Harry the map.
"And what do I need with a bit of old parchment?" Harry asked innocently.
"A bit of old parchment!" Fred shouted, closing his eyes with a grimace, as though Harry had mortally offended him "tell him George"
"Well when we were in our first year - young, carefree and innocent -"
Even I snorted at this, making eye contact with Harry. We both knew well that these two were never innocent
"- well more innocent than we are now - we got into a spot of bother with Filch"
"We let off a dung bomb in the corridor and it upset him for some reason -"
"So he hauled us up to his office and started threatening with the usual-"
"- detention -"
"- disembowelment -"
"and we couldn't help noticing that in one of his filing cabinets there was a drawer labelled 'Confiscated and Highly Dangerous'"
"Don't tell me-" Harry starting to grin
"Well what would you have done? Emily caused a diversion by dropping another dung bomb, I whipped the draw open and grabbed this"
"It's not as bad as it sounds you know" said George "we don't reckon Filch ever found out what was on this parchment. He must have had an idea of he wouldn't have confiscated it though"
"And you know how to work it?"
"Oh yes" Fred smirked "this little beauty has taught us more than any teacher in the school - the map Harry, not Emily you cheeky bugger"
Harry had been wiggling his eyebrows looking between Fred and I, making a light blush travel up my cheeks.
"You're pulling my leg" said Harry, looking at the parchment.
"Oh are we? Emily if you please"
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
The parchment suddenly burst to life, ink covering its surface. I grinned at the astonishment on Harry's face as the map revealed itself.
"Right into Hogsmeade" Fred said, pointing at the one eyed witch statue "which just so happens to be right outside this door -"
"There are seven in total. Filch knows about these four " George explained, pointing at places on the map "but we're sure we're the only ones who know about these. Don't bother with the mirror on the fourth floor though, tunnels completely caved in. We tried to get through it once, it's only really useful for a quick hiding place"
"We don't reckon anyone used this one" Fred continues "because the whomping willow's planted right over the entrance. But this one here leads to the Honeydukes cellar. We've used it loads of times"
"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs" George sighed wistfully "we owe them so much"
"Noble men, working tirelessly to help a new generation of law breakers" said Fred solemnly.
"Okay we're going to have to go, but remember to wipe it once you're finished" I said "just tap it and say 'mischief managed' and it will make it look like a 'bit of old parchment' again"
"So young Harry" Fred said, trying to impersonate Percy "mind you behave yourself"
"See you in Honeydukes" George winked.
We quickly ran across to Filch, watching him let the last few pass into Hogsmeade.
"Where have you been" he sneered.
"Fred forgot his money" I said confidently "we had to go and get it before we left"
Filch let out a snort-like noise, letting us pass.