Chapter Twenty Two

I was released by Madam Pomfrey early that morning, meaning that I would still be able to make it into Hogsmeade.
Rushing into the Great Hall, I threw myself next to Lee.
"Where were you yesterday. That hurt me Lee, right here" I pouted, pointing at my chest.
"I was - around" he answered mysteriously.
"Ooo. Do tell"
Before he could reply, I caught sight of a girl running at me.
"OOMPH"
"Are you okay!? People are saying Sirius Black attacked you - is it true? I'm not surprised that you're not dead, you must have given him a good fight - don't you ever do that again! Do you hear me? NEVER AGAIN"
"Ah - Okay Beth - Okay you can get off me now"
She glared at me and didn't let go, only allowing me room to move my arms to eat. Rolling my eyes, I tried to escape from her grasp but she was surprisingly strong.
"I have beater arms" she pointed out "you're not getting away from me any time soon"

At the end of breakfast, people were getting ready to leave for Hogsmeade. I was looking around the crowd for the twins, when someone pulled me backwards. Letting out a yelp, I went to hit out, before I realised it was the boy I was looking for.
"Ayyy Freduardo" I greeted happily, turning around so I was facing him.
"Morning" he grinned "so I have a proposition"
"I'm intrigued"
"How about we have our date at Hogsmeade today? I have something I need to ask you as well a little later"
My stomach started going crazy with nerves but I nodded my head nonetheless.
"Great!"

We were sat at the back of the Three Broomsticks, sipping on the butter beers Fred had just bought.
"So-" I smirked "What was that question?"
"Oh right! Well as you know it's the quidditch World Cup this summer and my dad can get tickets from work. I was wondering, do you wanna come with us?"
I sat in shock for a few seconds before launching myself at him and into a hug.
"HELL YES I DO!"
He let out a sigh of relief, resting his chin on the top of my head. After a few minutes I pulled away, cheeks flushed. He sent me a shy smile and I sat back in my seat.
"Oh my god Ireland vs Bulgaria. This is gonna be so cool" I squealed excitedly, shaking Fred's arm.
"That's so cute" he chuckled absentmindedly, not fully realising what he just said. I felt the familiar blush climbing up my neck again. My grip on his arm loosened, making him look back up from the table. Snorting, he ruffled my hair.
"Did I just make you blush?"
"No"
"I think I did"
"No I'm just getting .. hot. Yes hot. It's summer -"
"Oh yeah sure" he teased "'hot'"
A smile broke through my face, and I lightly slapped his arm.

"Sorry love, didn't realise I could make you blush so easily"If my face wasn't bright red before, it definitely was now

If my face wasn't bright red before, it definitely was now.
"Shut up" I mumbled "wait - did you just call me love"
Now it was Fred's time to blush, his ears tinging red. I smirked knowingly.
"Shut up"
"Oh now look who's blushing"
He sent me a playful glare.
"It's okay" I shrugged cheekily "I like it"
He choked on his butterbeer, ears now a blazing scarlet.
Sending a wink at him, I giggled before digging into my pastry.
"Why do you always have to stay stuff like that when I'm drinking" he groaned, wiping the foam moustache from his top lip.
"No reason" I smirked, wiping a bit that he had missed away with my thumb.

Before we knew it we were on the train back to Kings Cross Station. I was in a compartment with Lee and the twins, listening to them rant about quidditch. I chimed in every now and again but my brain was occupied with other information - or rather the lack of.
Letting out a curt cough, I turned to Lee.
"So, when are we meeting your mystery lover" I asked, arms crossed "we've waited all year but I think we deserve to know"
Lee scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
"There's really no one"
"Oh yeah?" George asked "then how come you sneak off every Hogsmeade visit and spend the whole time with said mystery person -"
"- and ignore your best friends for them. They must be preeetty special"
Lee sent the twins a pissed off look, folding his arms with a huff.
"I'm not dating anyone, satisfied?"
"No but we'll figure it out - trust me we will"
"I don't doubt that for a second" he sighed.

As we stepped on to the platform I gave everyone a hug. When I thought no one was looking, I gave Fred a peck on the cheek, before running over to my parents with a massive smile on my face.

As Molly's son walked over to join the rest of the family, her eyes were squinted and her arms were crossed.
"Fred Weasley" she scolded "Please tell me WHY I had to learn you had a GIRLFRIEND from your SISTER?"
"But she's not-"
"I don't want to hear a PEEP out of you today!"
"Yes mother"